whats the problem?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michaelcal141

Reaction score
i have an issue with my bike when i rip the throttle it bogs out.. this only happens when im in gear. and then when im in neutral and i rip the throttle it dosent bog out but sometimes with back fire.. and then when i release the throttle theres a noise that comes from i think the air filter but not sure.. i think the problem is my carb abut im not sure.. i checked my spark plug and its extremely clean so i think im running lean but idk how to change that on the carb or tune it to run more rich.. any help would help out alot!
thanks

What engine are you running? If its a 125 and its running rich it will bog down when you "rip" the throttle. try easing it on.

Like DHZ said, smaller capacity 4strokes will always bog out when you rip the throttle, you have to get used to easing it on. You can probably rip it in neutral because there's no load on the engine at that time.

Have a look in the how-to's section, there are a heap of posts as to how to tune your carby, it's pretty easy once you do a bit of research and tuning the bike yourself is a rewarding feeling!

actually what i found out was that the key on the crankshaft was missing and when i replaced it it ran just fine and i can rip the throttle no problem. i guess the backfiring was the magnet firing the sparkplug at the wrong time because the magnet didnt have anyhting holding it so it was slipping and spinning slower than it was suppossed to.. if that makes any sense? but thanks for your help!

Latest posts

Back