Wheel confusion

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malex

Reaction score
hello,

i bought my atomik 125 off a mate and he didnt have a rear wheel for it for whatever reason. so all it has on the back is the swing arm so i would need a complete wheel with axle, sprocket, rim, tire, disc etc.

Do i need to buy a specific Atomik part or can i buy a complete wheel from a shop but is made for another brand of 125 pitbike? The shop i looked at today said i would need to bring the bike in so they can see if the wheel would fit the swingarm...

please help i want to be riding now!

you just need the right axle diameter, either 12mm or 15mm measure your swingarm.

hey mate it dosent make a difference to wat brand wheel or wat size you get just make sure that if you get a 12 inch wheel or bigger you have a extended swing arm?

yeap well you need a 12mm axle pit bike rim, it's that simple, if the guys at the shop don't understand that then you shouldn't buy from them

dont forget to get some spacers for between the wheel and the swing arm...unless you got some already

hey mate it dosent make a difference to wat brand wheel or wat size you get just make sure that if you get a 12 inch wheel or bigger you have a extended swing arm?

what you talkin bout? if he needs a 12" rim (which he does) it would matter if he got a 10" rim, would stuff the whole bike. and it matters what brand, you got cast hubs and cnc hubs, mild steel rims or 7075 alloy rims etc.

Last edited:
ok so just a standard 12in wheel kit will be fine plus buy spacers and put them either side til i get it right? The shop quoted me about 250 for the complete wheel is this alright or is there somewhere else i should look. Anyone got any wheels they dont need? thanks heaps for everyones help

250... your not buying a new bike...
50 for rim
50 for tyre
probly round 10-20 for axle and spacers...

now thats prices for just walking into a shop, obviously postage extra for ebay

oh and be sure to check you have the axle adjuster blocks still..

i need everything to fit onto the swingarm but so need sprocket and everything

i emailed atomik over east so hopefully they can send me one thats perfect for my bike

thanks for everyones help

atomik will rip you off as much as they can so be careful,
dhz and JustRide on ebay have good deals

Latest posts

Back