wheelies ???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DO a search, we spoke about wheelies heaps back in tha day.......

heres a link to a old wheelie of mine, YouTube - hillz50

guna go out & get some new footage this week!!!! finally!!

11.jpg

18.jpg

or better yet get a big bike, 50's are old news & for little kids grow up man

Depends on your bike also... my new 140 has a little higher height and longer wheelbase so sitting back a little and cracking the throttle brings my front end up with ease although with my old Pitracer to get the front wheel up high enough required clutching it 2nd.

3rd is generally too high for your average pitty i would think.

Start off practising in 1st and 2nd... I find second best first is a little short.

Keep us updated!

Hey Hills , are you doing real wheelies using throttle control , balance and weight transfer or are you using the rear brake ? ...

Doug Domokos "The Wheelie King" used the rear brake (F'UP Lever) as you can see in the pic ... he had the bike specially set up to do wheelies ... Check out where he's got the rear brake lever adjusted to plus the giant rear cog ... LOL ... It also looks like there's a bar or something behind his knees to stop him from falling off the bike ! Note that his front guards aren't exactly what you'd call short ! ... He has wheelied for 145 miles straight ...

Google Image Result for http://www.vintagemx.org.nz/images/domokos1a.jpg

Domokos2_s.jpg

Domokos1_s.jpg

Domokos4_s.jpg

Last edited:
haha old skool ^^^

yer back when i first started it was all about the rear brake, but now i'm getting into the style of it all, i took all my brakes off a few months back but i put the rear foot brake back on so i could ride it normaly.

little bikes heaps harder to wheelie ive found. As had xr650 that was easy as to wheelie. Had xr400 n cr250 since then they ok. n me crf50 got no hope of wheelie her a lol. maybe just to big for it a haha still heaps of funn riden/racen mates n stuff.

Yeah the guy who built this bike has probably got a permanent bald patch on the back of his head from loopin' it out everytime he touches the throttle ...

yamahaTT500MiniBikeSm-1.jpg

holy shit that things just a 500cc engine with wheels and hangers, does it have a name? I wanna check youtube for some vids

have fun practicing brother

i love poppin wheelie's on the 90 but haven't got the skilz to change gear mid mono
same on the 150 but i can just use power on the 150 to get it up there but throttle control saves me more than anything
comeing from a bmx background my brain goes for the clutch as the ough sh@t button not the foot

but have only had one off over the years

hey um just a thought you will find most of the stunters over in the usa are cheats they have a rear brake lever set up on the clutch side if i couls rig this up on the disk brakes on my 90 i'd be able to mono foreva like i can a pushy

Latest posts

Back