???? when i use full mineral oil ????

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aitken

Reaction score
is it just me or dose full mineral oil thin out a hell of a lot when it gets hot? since i been running it the tappets get a little louder when it runs hot never did with any other oil? whats best to use? in 155z

hey mate there is a few treads on what oil to use i would say a good mineral oil like castrol 4t thats what i use in my revmx

Hey aitken
that's exactly what happens to me! My engine runs quiet till it heats up a bit, then the tappets get loud And I'm running castrol 4t.
Annoying!!!!
And yes I've done the valves.

most the time its not actual tappet noise your hearing, its the rockers slapping around side to side...

the type of oil shouldnt make it any different..

klx style china engines are know for this..

if you wanted to make sure its not tappet clearance then set them when the engine is hot.. .002 tho on inlet and .003 on exhaust..

most the time its not actual tappet noise your hearing, its the rockers slapping around side to side...

if you wanted to make sure its not tappet clearance then set them when the engine is hot.. .002 tho on inlet and .003 on exhaust..

yeah true im just stress'n as this is motor number 5! so any sound from it im like arrrrrr whjat is it!! hahaha but yeah when i ran the semi sin it never did it :p then everyone is like nar run full mineral no this happens...

hey sean
if its the rockers slapping from side to side shouldn't the noise be there when the engine is cold also ??????

im at a loss to explain why theres no noise when it starts cold and about 5 min later the tapping noise is back ????

Latest posts

Back