Where to get bearings?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shing

Reaction score
I am after some certain sized bearings for a CNC alloy frame. The person who sold us the frame (dont want to mention any names) told us that bearings would be easy to find and that CBC bearings should have them... Well I have been to CBC bearings with the frame, they measured it up and basically told us that they dont have the sizes we where after. So went to another 3 places to try to find them but to no avail. We just cant find the bearings anywhere!!!!!
I am after these specifics:
Inner: 24mm
Outer: 41mm
Height/ depth: about 9mm
Tapered roller bearings

If ANYONE knows where I can get these sized bearings can you give me a link or reference?!?!?! I am becoming desperate, as this is the only thing preventing me from finishing the bike.

Cheers, Shing.

Last edited:
makes it hard not being able to see the bearing but i had a quick look for ya and the closest i could match up to your measurements assuming they are correct, I could only find 22mm ID and 41MM OD, extremely odd size you have there but hey they are china's so what do we expect, just go with what THUMP has provided its gunna be your best bet mate.

I am after some certain sized bearings for a CNC alloy frame. The person who sold us the frame (dont want to mention any names) told us that bearings would be easy to find and that CBC bearings should have them... Well I have been to CBC bearings with the frame, they measured it up and basically told us that they dont have the sizes we where after. So went to another 3 places to try to find them but to no avail. We just cant find the bearings anywhere!!!!!
I am after these specifics:
Inner: 24mm
Outer: 41mm
Height/ depth: about 9mm
Tapered roller bearings

If ANYONE knows where I can get these sized bearings can you give me a link or reference?!?!?! I am becoming desperate, as this is the only thing preventing me from finishing the bike.

Cheers, Shing.

Yep thats right people... I actually had to quote myself:rolleyes:

I have tried the ebay stores. So far I haven't received a reply. But I will tell what they say when I do.

Last edited:
Based on what you have said Roost, and assuming my dads measurements are correct I can just get 2mm lathed off the stem right? will that work ok?

When I get a chance I will measure up the top and bottom ID and OD myself to make sure my dad hasn't managed to make a mistake.

hey mate (MODS i know im not ment to do this but he seems desprate and im not making profit from it)
i have a set brand new, i pmed you about the size as to double check so have a look at the pm and check if the size is right. cheers matt

can you read any numbers off the bearing?
We never got any with it... And where told they where easy to get, so didn't worry about it too much. Now I realize that I have been mislead.

Matt I have PMed you back.

You haven't been misled dude ... I posted that link in the hope of making people think for themselves ...

Here's the part you are looking for ... :

Hondas take a different size .. 41 mm O/D x 22.5 I/D top and 41 O/D x 24 I/D bottom ... as do Pimpit (TDR) KLX plastics frames ... and early model DHZ crf copy frames ....

The numbers of the bearings you need are ... 22.5H-41H and 24H-41H (All Balls KML) ... China calls their CRF sized bearings ... 91683/22.5 and 91683/24 (HRB) ?????

Your frame simply has the XR/CRF 50/70/75/80/100 bearing sizes ... and that's because most decent aftermarket forks such as Fast Ace AS-02 ... AS-O1 RCP etc suit those bearing sizes ie ... 22.5 mm I/D X 41 mm O/D upper and 24 mm I/D X 41 mm O/D lower ...

IF you're trying to fit any other type of fork ie cheaper chinese forks ... then you are going to have to get a new steering stem / pin (or whatever you choose to call it) to adapt them ... since their steering stem/pin will be 22 mm upper and 23,5 mm lower ... The bearings should be a press fit on the bottom and a neat sliding fit (tap on fit) at the top to prevent fork slop ...

Is your frame one of those TDR / MSO CNC billet frames ? ... I've got one too ... They are mid sized in height and take 650 mm forks ... and they take a weird swingarm with the shock mount centreline sunk into the cross member ... a 280 mm shock won't work with a standard type swingarm ... ie DHZ , Pit pro etc ... as the swingarm angle will be waaayyy too steep ...

You haven't been misled dude ... I posted that link in the hope of making people think for themselves ...

Here's the part you are looking for ... :

Hondas take a different size .. 41 mm O/D x 22.5 I/D top and 41 O/D x 24 I/D bottom ... as do Pimpit (TDR) KLX plastics frames ... and early model DHZ crf copy frames ....

The numbers of the bearings you need are ... 22.5H-41H and 24H-41H (All Balls KML) ... China calls their CRF sized bearings ... 91683/22.5 and 91683/24 (HRB) ?????

Your frame simply has the XR/CRF 50/70/75/80/100 bearing sizes ... and that's because most decent aftermarket forks such as Fast Ace AS-02 ... AS-O1 RCP etc suit those bearing sizes ie ... 22.5 mm I/D X 41 mm O/D upper and 24 mm I/D X 41 mm O/D lower ...

IF you're trying to fit any other type of fork ie cheaper chinese forks ... then you are going to have to get a new steering stem / pin (or whatever you choose to call it) to adapt them ... since their steering stem/pin will be 22 mm upper and 23,5 mm lower ... The bearings should be a press fit on the bottom and a neat sliding fit (tap on fit) at the top to prevent fork slop ...

Is your frame one of those TDR / MSO CNC billet frames ? ... I've got one too ... They are mid sized in height and take 650 mm forks ... and they take a weird swingarm with the shock mount centreline sunk into the cross member ... a 280 mm shock won't work with a standard type swingarm ... ie DHZ , Pit pro etc ... as the swingarm angle will be waaayyy too steep ...
Nah mate. I didnt mean that you guys had mislead me, but the people who sold me the frame. They said it would be as simple as a trip down to CBC... it wasnt:mad:

Yeh its the same frame as you have. I'm running DNM rear shock and DNM hornet front forks.

So I have two 41mm outer races on the top and bottom. So all I need to do is get the roller bearings and inner races? So I will need two 24mm XR/CRF 50/70/75/80/100 lower ID bearings?? What rollers do I use? The same ones on the lower XR/CRF 50/70/75/80/100 headstem bearing???

Thanks cactus, Shing.

So all I need to complete my bike is two sets of $50USD bearings??
Surely there is a cheaper way?

I know you never thought WE misled you ... But neither did the people who sold it to you ... There's NO sound or logical reason as to WHY the bearing dealerships don't stock tapered rollers in the Honda sizes ... GEEZ ... Honda bikes have only had those sizes for the past 40 frickin' years ... Maybe Honda is behind that once again so that you have to buy the bearings at rip off prices from a Honda dealer ...

What sizes are your head stem ? You NEED to actually measure it top and bottom ...

Most later model Chinese bikes are 22 mm top and 23.5 mm bottom on the pin ... Honda and China CRF copy frames have 22.5 mm top and 24 mm bottom on the pin ... IF your DNM forks are made to suit China bearing sizes then you need a new pin ... The guts of the 44 O/D chinese bearings DON'T fit inside the 41 mm O/D Honda sized bearings ... IF your pin measurements are 24 mm top and bottom then you have a problem because the Honda sized bearings are probably hard to buy separately ... ie two 24 mm I/D x 41 mm O/D bearings ... In that case you could get the top of the pin machined down to 22.4 mm to suit the upper Honda bearing ...

LOL ... I just found these threads in a google search :

http://www.miniriders.com.au/tech-talk/10964-fitting-fast-ace-02-pit-pro-138cc.html

http://www.miniriders.com.au/mini-chat/22717-pit-bike-head-stem-bearings.html

Those $20 bearings from 4322g on ebay a WRONG ... They're 44 O/D for steel chinese frames ... I've looked and it's hard to find people who sell the CRF sizes 41 O/D bearings ...

If you think the US ebay price is high ... check out the price of these ... LOL ...

Big 50 Race and Retro Parts

These bearings will be 41 mm O/D and they're only $57 AUD delivered ... Maybe the guy will even sell you a pair of the 41 x 24 lower bearings for $57 AUD ? ... ALWAYS verify the sizes with the seller BEFORE buying ANYTHING ...

Honda XR50 R XR 50 2000-2003 Steering Head Bearings Kit - eBay Honda, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 18-Jun-09 21:30:09 AEST)

Your DNM forks sound bodgy to me if they're 24 mm top and bottom ... NOW that's what you call WEIRD sizes .... Since MSO Elites have the same frame ... maybe you could check with them to see if they have the proper bearings in stock ... but I'll be very surprised if they do ... How do you think I know all this stuff ? ... Because I've already gone thru it all myself and copped to dopey responses and headaches ... IF you sell a product ... you should have all the bearings and spare parts ... and be fluent in solving any associated problems ... Anyway ... the goon who sold you the frame should have the inner bearings ... they should have removed them off the triple clamps and sent them with the frame ... Half a roller bearing is no good to anyone ... But as usual too many people are dope assed and can't think of things like that ...

I know you never thought WE misled you ... But neither did the people who sold it to you ... There's NO sound or logical reason as to WHY the bearing dealerships don't stock tapered rollers in the Honda sizes ... GEEZ ... Honda bikes have only had those sizes for the past 40 frickin' years ... Maybe Honda is behind that once again so that you have to buy the bearings at rip off prices from a Honda dealer ...

What sizes are your head stem ? You NEED to actually measure it top and bottom ...

Most later model Chinese bikes are 22 mm top and 23.5 mm bottom on the pin ... Honda and China CRF copy frames have 22.5 mm top and 24 mm bottom on the pin ... IF your DNM forks are made to suit China bearing sizes then you need a new pin ... The guts of the 44 O/D chinese bearings DON'T fit inside the 41 mm O/D Honda sized bearings ... IF your pin measurements are 24 mm top and bottom then you have a problem because the Honda sized bearings are probably hard to buy separately ... ie two 24 mm I/D x 41 mm O/D bearings ... In that case you could get the top of the pin machined down to 22.4 mm to suit the upper Honda bearing ...

LOL ... I just found these threads in a google search :

http://www.miniriders.com.au/tech-talk/10964-fitting-fast-ace-02-pit-pro-138cc.html

http://www.miniriders.com.au/mini-chat/22717-pit-bike-head-stem-bearings.html

They put odd size bearings in bikes for one very good reason, TO MAKE YOU BUY GENUINE PARTS, so they make $$$, I have people come in to work all the time looking for china bike bearings, about the only ones i can supply for jap or china bikes are wheel bearings, main bearings,gearbox bearings and little end bearings oh and SOME swing arm bearings but only a small few.

Just double checked the measurements. The top of the headstem ID is 22mm not 24mm. Only the bottom has a 24mm ID. But 41mm OD top and bottom. And about a 9-10mm height/width. If I can get a 24mm ID top bearing thats fine because I can easily get a 2mm shim machined up.

Well, lets just say I've tried all the places that are supposed to stock these bearings.

So far it looks like mattbombers can get me a couple of the bearings I need. But I will get back to you if they are exactly what I need.

Cheers, Shing.

Latest posts

Back