Which Bike to choose? PitPro 140 bigfoot or PitPro 140SE 14-12 or DHZ OUTLAW 140

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey

Think about saving a bit and getting a older crf50 with some mods if you want a 10/10 that is.

I agree with nicko451, put it off for a bit and save more. worth it in the long run. If you buy a cheapy you'll be spending on parts that break, and it all adds up.

Whats wrong with a DHZ lol? what do you reccomend saving up for instead?

This thread so NEEDS TO BE CLEANED UP ! ! !

Okay, why have you chosen a 140cc? How old are you and what sort of riding experience do you already have?

You've picked two pretty similar bikes and then a bigfoot...probably need more info from the above before we'd know which bike is better for you. Also what is your budget and does that include your cost for helmet, boot, etc...

Nicko makes a good point about saving for a better quality bike as the above bikes will most likely need upgrades sooner and depending on weight you might have parts that break(rear shock blowing out), so there will be a high cost for on going maintenance than if you buy something that already has a better quality set up... like adjustable forks and shock.

riding experience = a few years riding on a farm with a honda 50cc then a atomik 125cc
bike will be used for light jumping/trails
budget is around 1200
im 15 and alrdy own a 125...choosing a 140 because want something a little more powerful
what do u think?
cheers

Ok now that we know what you want this is my suggestion

Just a suggestion if you want more power, you may want to consider getting a 150, because the set from a 140 to 150 is pretty good. (way more responsive)
This is only a suggestion but you might want to look into it, even if you get an older model.
I know this from experience with a PitPro Xr150 and my mates Xr140. Mine romps all over his. :p
I picked up my bike second hand for $500 (an absolute steal)

But you might want to spend the extra money on something with better suspenion as Rach88 has suggested.

Cheers Jono

Last edited:
Thanks Jono mite look at getting a good 2nd hand 150cc then. Whats your pitpro like? should i keep looking at a DHZ or do u reccomend another bike?

cheers

Um not really sure about DHZ, never rode one before so i couldn't tell you, but i know that they have a wide range of spares and they are really good to deal with.

My Pitpro is extremely reliable, first kick most of the time, even when its cold its surprising, the only reason for that is because i treat it so well.

I clean and oil the air filter after every ride, check and change the oil reguarly, and i treat it with respect and dont thrash it. I clean it all the time aswell

I hear of all the guys that bag china bikes, saying that they are shit and they break down easy. This isn't always the case, imean sure they may not be built aswell and the quality of the parts arn't as good but thats ok if your not doing huge arse jumps.

Cheers Jono

riding experience = a few years riding on a farm with a honda 50cc then a atomik 125cc
bike will be used for light jumping/trails
budget is around 1200
im 15 and alrdy own a 125...choosing a 140 because want something a little more powerful
what do u think?
cheers

Okay so few years means you have some decent throttle control. So 150cc or 160cc is going to be a better choice. There isn't much power difference between a 125cc and 140cc, so you'll most likely upgrade to the 140 and be disappointed.

150cc or 160cc... from dhz this is probably closest to your price range:
DHZ DPRO 160 - DHZ Mini Moto

I personally don't recommend pitpro's and also have heard of issues with the rear shock.

If you do want a big wheeled bike and want to get bikes from a good seller with good quality bikes look at this bike CX140L MINI

Other then that i don't really think there is much else to look at unless you are willing to save a bit longer and look at like some higher quality ciniworx or a revmx.

since dhz has soo many parts available on their site...if i had a different pit bike brand cant i just buy parts from there?

since dhz has soo many parts available on their site...if i had a different pit bike brand cant i just buy parts from there?

Spot on! There is also a lot of other places you can buy parts!

Ok now that we know what you want this is my suggestion

Just a suggestion if you want more power, you may want to consider getting a 150, because the set from a 140 to 150 is pretty good. (way more responsive)
This is only a suggestion but you might want to look into it, even if you get an older model.
I know this from experience with a PitPro Xr150 and my mates Xr140. Mine romps all over his. :p
I picked up my bike second hand for $500 (an absolute steal)

But you might want to spend the extra money on something with better suspenion as Rach88 has suggested.

Cheers Jono

shut up jono haha but yer you've got a oko and shiz but it still does beat mine... SHH :p

yea i actually think try a ride a few different bikes before you buy.

this offer is now nearly 2 weeks old so you'd probably need to either get in quick or put a deposit down to secure one of the last bikes as i'm sure they wont be this cheap again

Hey guys,

As you know we have more stock coming in, more bikes, more parts, the 175z!!

We have 4 TTR155z bikes left which have to go now! I am now offering these last 5 bikes
for a crazy $1,599 + $100 postage Australia. These bikes need to go to make way for
the new stock coming in, If anyone is keen please PM me right away.

This price will never come around again so dont miss out, this is a one off price !!!
Russ,

http://www.miniriders.com.au/minibike-reviews/27888-revolutionmx-ttr-style-155z-wait-over.html
read thru this review to get an idea of the quality the revmx offers... unlike some of the cheaper brands like atomik and pitpro this bike will have far less issues than any bike you can buy from them.
plus the spares kit will be or is second to none as it says in the review suppliers needed to be sorted back then for chain and air filter, but even with just the jetting kit, tubes, oil filter and butt plug (muffler plug :p) its still great.

Last revmx went today so you'll need to order one ...There were 4 left I took one and I wanted the last 3 to go to crew that I thought would take them to where Thump wanted em to go .... so I made a deal with Russ

watch for the Revmx freestyle team .... OWNING the sky near you soon.

Kade Imlach, Knoel kaiine, and Timmy Jackson riding with Revmx .... Knoel and Kade got there's today ... Timmy's is on the way hitting the airbag setup pics to come soon ... but hey let's not hijack the thread just wanted to say there was none left from this shipment and why.

Last edited:
look at new thread pitpro 150 xr or dhz dpro 160...think thats the final decision for me

Latest posts

Back