which bike would be the best

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motovert24

Reaction score
which bike would be the best for me im almost 14 and i have seen alot my age ride 125s and i think i em 160 to 170cm tall and im 49kg

2009 bikes

ktm 125 sx
suzuki rm125
yamaha yz 125
honda crf150rb
motovert pro
i have a motovert 125 now

its just personal preference really just go sit on a few off them and see what you like but if you plan on racing on the motovert you wont be able to race against them 2 bangers u mentioned and u would have no chance against them either

im not sure which one but im looking for something fast relierbe and fun not over priced because i have been told there all differant but i want race and can fix up the my motovert and get one of the others

are you wanting a pitbike/mini or are you wanting a full sizer/mx bike ....

like there two completely different categorys and i think you need to get your head around which category your going for first

i have a pit bike but i want to be able to race more then 2 times a year (vic) so mabye bigger bike like the 2 strokes or honda 150

yamaha yz 125 for sure, but out of the 125's you should inspect them all closely and see which one you like the feel of most.
if you have the option of motovert or 125 2t jap bike, there's only one answer ;)
If you like like riding mini's because they're mini then just keep your motovert and get the YZ 125 too, then you've got a mini and a big bike, win win

yz 125 kills the crf150, you'll have heaps more fun on the 2 banger and it's way faster

Last edited:
that what i want to don't mini and big bike but i do like the pro but i can make my mini a 125 pro but abit differnt
are the handle bars steel or good bar on the yz125 but im em a small kid:( so im not sure about the yz but a cut down seat (997)mm seat hight
and i think the crf is a bit bad at the start from what i have herd and seen

well if you're really small you could go a yz85, they look like sick little bikes and got a lot of go in em.
I'd still take a yz85 over a crf150 any day.

but yea you could mod the yz125 to suit you, you need to go to the bike shops and tell them you're interested in the 125 and they'll sort you out and let you know what your options are

im em big on a 85 but i did sit on a yz125 i was on my toes that a good size then is it it was secon hand so i don't know if it was fix up to suit the rider

have you tried a 85 large wheel that maybe up your ally. i think the seat height is about 60-70 mm more.

as long as you can touch the ground it's all good and you're only 14 so you'll grow into it fast.

2strokes are easier and cheaper to maintain, just keep the rings fresh and piston every second ring change and you're good to go. how often you need to do this depends on how you ride it but it's cheaper than a 4stroke no matter what

Judging by the posts in this thread, mate, go with the YZ125. maintenance is cheap and easy, and keep in mind the CRF150 was built to go up against 85cc two strokes, not 125cc two strokes, which will utterly hose the crf... no contest..
if you can reach the ground on your toes with the 125, when you are all suited up in boots, body armour etc, you will weigh the thing down a bit... and you only need to be touching the ground to start it.. sadly my lil ex bro-in-law discovered this with his Dad's old 426... took us days to get the lil bugger to give it back... my point being, if you can touch the ground, even just barely, you will find the 125 to be the better bike for you. no matter how many thousands you throw at a motovert, it will never even beat a twostroke 125 in an idling contest....

my feet are almost flat on the ground on a big wheel and i know the 150 don't race 125 but do you have to run in 2 strokes and i can get a cut down seat to if it is a bit to hight and my boots with put an inch on my hight anyway

which bike would be the best for me im almost 14 and i have seen alot my age ride 125s and i think i em 160 to 170cm tall and im 49kg

2009 bikes

ktm 125 sx
suzuki rm125
yamaha yz 125
honda crf150rb
motovert pro
i have a motovert 125 now

Well for starters you cant compare those bikes together.

at 14 i think your gunna be better off with a 125 2 stroke or a 250f 4 stroke as your still growing, if you got a crf150(or cr85) you will grow out of it real quick and be looking for a new bike before ya know it.

if ya want a 125 2 stroke just pick your favorite color be it red(CR), orange(KTM), yellow(RM), blue(YZ) etc etc and go for it they are all much of muchness when it come to a 125

if your not good at regular maintenance don't even bother with a 4 stroke.

my feet are almost flat on the ground on a big wheel and i know the 150 don't race 125 but do you have to run in 2 strokes and i can get a cut down seat to if it is a bit to hight and my boots with put an inch on my hight anyway

yes two strokes have to be run-in. all new engines need to be run-in. How you do it, and whether you do it, is up to you...
basically, (VERY basically) to run in a two stroke, check oil level, add fuel, start it, let it warm up a bit, give it a few revs, nothing too over the top, then turn off, let it cool down.
once it's cooled a bit, start it again, let it warm take it for a bit of a squirt down the driveway, run it through the gears, give it a couple of full throttle blats, but dont hold it wide open down your 3 km driveway...
let it cool, repeat process, then drain the oil. refill oil, repeat the above processes for the first tank or two, giving it the occasional wide open blat, but dont baby it toooo much... should be pretty right with that..
Personally i agree with Roost, dont bother with an 85 or 150. puberty will eventually bitchslap you, you'll wake up one morning to find you are 6'1'', and will need a bigger bike. Go for a second hand 125, by the sound of it your maintenance and riding skill/experience is still on the incline, so learn on something inexpensive. Me, i'd go with a YZ... Very trouble free, and a great all round bike. The KTM would be too tall for you, (Why are KTM's always taller????) and while the CR is aimed at smaller riders such as yourself, they do require a bit of maintenance.. eg: replacing reeds every ten hours etc etc... rings every fifteen blah blah blah... (and before all you CR owners complain they dont need that much work, i'm talking race situations, or fast riders based on suggested service intervals... read your manuals!!)

so motovert24, buy an 02-05 YZ125, you wont look back.

how long would it take to run in a yamaha my motovert took 2 whole days of riding and what about the 06 -09 or 10 if there is one next year

mate im about the same height as u an just a tad heavyer an my mates 05 125 was the best bike i have ridden for someone our size 125 2stroke is the way to go they haul arse with small ppl on em

so why is the yzs so good the 125 most faveritoe 125 the 250 best fmx bike :confused: and much does a new one cost like new but a later model 05 08
the 09 is $8560 or something like that

Latest posts

Back