Which Frame???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well for one the first guy needs to learn how to clean a frame better because i can see dirt all over the top of it hense not making it new. if it were me id go with the seecond frame first one looks better but the other still looks good. um second on looks stonger too.

The 1st frame is a twin rail trellis frame the same as a DHZ Monster frame and it's miles stronger than the 2nd frame ... The trellis frame takes 735 mm long forks and has a seat height of 820 mm ... plus more leg room ... They handle and steer really well ...

The 2nd Tangstar frame isn't too great ... ie weak ... They can break just in front of the top engine mounts if you start givin' 'em a hard time ... They take 645 mm long forks and have a seat height of about 720 mm ... They both take the same length rear shock , seat , plastics and tank ... and the rear brake bracket suits the same rear master cylinder ... Some people like the look of the second type of frame better ...

The DHZ type trellis frame was most likely powder coated red and has been painted over with black spray paint ... that frame needs the proper exhaust pipe to fit it ... but is definitely the better of the two frames to buy ... DHZ used to sell those for $169 buy it now plus postage without the brake lever , pegbar , pegs or stand ...

They both take 44 MM O/D tapered roller steering bearings ... :)

^^^ yeah you wear lol^^^

go the first one i think it loooks better than the second??? don't know why i just do :)

Since the seat height is 100 mm taller than a twin pipe type frame , the rear subframe rail is also 100 mm taller ... So the exhaust pipe is llonger in the section where it goes straight upwards in front of the engine then it kicks up at an angle over the clutch arm to be parallel to the rear subframe rail so that the muffler bracket bolts straight onto the subrame ... A standard type pipe will place the muffler too far down from the rear mount bracket and look dorky ...

Good things about the frame and pipe are :

(The pipe clears the top of the clutch cover , clutch bracket and cable by miles and would give heaps more room to clear a Lifan 150 oil filler plug ... also the hot pipe is further away from the motor to help keep it cooler ... and the frame rails give plenty of clearance for big carbs and intake manifolds plus an oil cooler ) ...

There's a thread on the trellis frames but I search isn't working for me ATM ...

As has been said ... some people like a tall bike ... and some like a lower bike ... The older twin pipe cradle frames that have the bolt on top engine mount plates need a strengthening bar welded along the underside of the bottom rail which is fake pressed out metal ... In fact DHZ has completely done away with 'em and is now selling bikes that have REAL twin pipes ... Only the SDG "A" swinger type frames with the welded on top engine mount were strong (unless someone can show a pic of a broken one) ... they were genuine chromoly ... Manufacturers copied those frames but made 'em using MILD steel which is the MAIN reason why they're weaker ... and fitted a cradle with the removable top engine mount plates but even a mild steel non cradle straight swinger twin pipe frame is stronger than the one's with bolt on top engine mount plates because the top mounts are WELDED on ... The welds are along the sides of the frame and they help prevent a tear from starting ... To fit the removable top mount plates ... pseudo "engineers" in China drilled (read 'stamped') holes into the pressed out fake lower rail to fit two crush tubes for the engine plate mount bolts to go thru ... and it's those two holes combined with the skimping with mild steel and lack of reinforcement that make 'em weak ...

The latest model DHZ frames are light years stronger than the older twin "pipe" cradle frames ... Of course there'd be hundreds of people getting around on bikes with the older frames without problems ... but hard riders won't get away with it for too long ... :p

cheers for all ur help mate...so i need to look for a DHZ 140 BB exhaust

You HAVE to specifically ask for the proper pipe off a DHZ MONSTER BIKE to fit that frame with a Lifan (Honda type) engine in it ... Otherwise you'll get sold the WRONG pipe ...

Thump*140 knows what I'm talking about so PM him because he's done it ... The seller of Pimpit bikes ALSO knows too since he sold bikes with the exact same frames and Lifan 140's in 'em as well ...

I need one of the pipes myself !!! ... I know all about those frames because I've got a few plus a DHZ YX 150 bike to look at ...

BAHAHA what a joke.....yea got the frame within 3 days, cant see anything wrong with it. See how it goes....

Latest posts

Back