Which mark to align too?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jordzan

Reaction score
gday i was hoping for your opinions, is the scratch at 7oclock the Tmark to align too? it's not a proper notch is why i ask ... maybe some guy in china factory scratchs it in while he builds it??

theres also two notches which one would you say i align too?
the notch on the cam sprocket is the same triangle type notch at 9oclock in the pic below.

"1. Set the timing on the crankshaft first. Allign the T mark on the Magneto to the notch on the casing, which is usually at 12' oclock."

Picture234.jpg

what are you actually trying to do.
best way to find out if your unsure us unscrew the spark plug and use a small long screw driver and turn the magneto and feel with the screw driver thru the spark plug hole till you feel to piston reach the top.
then look at the magneto and see what lines up..

i was trying to set up the cam timing, was a bit confused with the scratch mark and two marks to align too. i couldnt figure out how to find tdc, didnt even think about spark plug hole.

got it all sorted out now though thanks sean. it's going off the left mark on the YX for anyone who wants to know :)

Latest posts

Back