Which oil is best

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roscoe_w

Reaction score
Hi guys

Just wondering which oil to use to replace my oil? The DHZ website says the bike uses 20w50, but have read a few forums and everyone seems to use 10w50....

Just wondering which one to use, to get the best results and keep it maintained properly. I have a DHZ 160R outlaw

Thanks gents.

both should do fine, make sure you get the '5100' motul stuff thats as good as i reckon for a pitbike

i use Castrol activ 4t 15-50w which i my preferred oil it is a bit pricey but it is worth it, i get it in 4l bottles

i use Castrol activ 4t 15-50w which i my preferred oil it is a bit pricey but it is worth it, i get it in 4l bottles

Yep mineral oil is highly recommended if you wanna keep the engine in good running order

In the US, and I'm sure other markets, government mandates required a bunch of friction modifiers in auto oils, creating the SJ and SL ratings on the bottle. Zinc and phosphorous were reduced, while clutch-slip-inducing additives replaced them. If it's some thing you plan to keep, I'd look at a premium conventional motorcycle-specific oil, without the SJ and SL ratings on the label.

Gday guys. Run Mineral oil for the first ride or 2 then drain and change over to Semi Synthetic. The 20w50 specified is for chinese/jap climates and conditions. Won't make any difference. I use Motul 5100.

sorry i actually stuffed up on my post 20w50 is mineral based normal aus standard oil. 10w40 is what alot of the chinese manuals say to run but we dont do much oil over here in 10w40 hence 10w50. Use mineral for run in periods tho.

Latest posts

Back