Which oil?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamboUK

Reaction score
Did try a search but couldnt get anything,
Prob a silly question but which oil should i put in my 140yx engine? and is a litre enough for a full change??
Ideally that i can buy from a servo??
cheers duuuudes!!

Yeh i use castrol fully synthetic R4 oil its the best, it costs about $60 for 4 litres from repco or super cheap or about 15 for 1 litre and i use it for my 140cc yx engine as well. Hope it helps

ohh and 1 litre is perfect for it u only have to use 900ml of oil for a 140

Yeh i use castrol fully synthetic R4 oil its the best, it costs about $60 for 4 litres from repco or super cheap or about 15 for 1 litre and i use it for my 140cc yx engine as well. Hope it helps

don't listen to this guy ^^^^^ that's the opposite of what you need

you need mineral oil, castrol 4t is pretty good and cost's about $35 for 4 liters anywhere, 1 liter would be plenty you should only need about 900ml.

Last edited:
Yes as dvdrip said use a mineral based oil. Either a 10/40 or 20/50 is fine. I always prefered to use the cheapest oil I could get for my chinese motors because that allowed me to do more frequent oil changes.

Last edited:
WTF DVDRIP i use **censored** castrol r4 fully synthetic in all my bikes my engine has lasted me on my 125cc for 4 years now and i havent changed the piston in it or the rings and i still goes sik. r4 is the best ask any mechanic u dumb s**t.
and go to **censored** repco or super cheap or autobarn and it costs 59.99 **censored**

Last edited by a moderator:
WTF DVDRIP i use **censored** castrol r4 fully synthetic in all my bikes my engine has lasted me on my 125cc for 4 years now and i havent changed the piston in it or the rings and i still goes sik. r4 is the best ask any mechanic u dumb shit.
and go to **censored** repco or super cheap or autobarn and it costs 59.99 **censored**

Ease up there fella, no need for the name calling.

WTF DVDRIP i use **censored** castrol r4 fully synthetic in all my bikes my engine has lasted me on my 125cc for 4 years now and i havent changed the piston in it or the rings and i still goes sik. r4 is the best ask any mechanic u dumb shit.

Hey mate watch the language. Everyone is entitled to there own opinon. No need to get cranky.

I run the Castrol Semi Synthetic stuff in all my bikes and never had any problems.

I'm running shell advanced 4t 15/40. I can't comment on how good it is as its the first time im running it :confused:

Good luck.

use a 10w 40 non sythetic oil!! fully synthitic will cause the clutch to slip

dude i have had my bike for 4 years and have used castrol FULLY SYNTHETIC oil and it has not stuffed up once so dont talk shit if you havent used it.

well, far out:eek: someones got smelly nappies :p

most of us tend to agree... mineral based is best for a horizontally cylindered vintage designed engine... 20w 50 being ideal.

even plain old mower oil from bunnings or repco for 10 bucks is fine....

yeh mineral is fine but in MY bikes i use castrol FULLY synthetic and the clutch DOESNT slip or anythong like that , FOR ME it works awseme but for the peoplle that said not to use it HOW DO U KNOW THAT ITS BAD IF U HAVENT USED IT , and its ment for race road bikes so it has too be good, also one, of the guys that works at supercheap also uses CASTROL FULLYSYNTHETIC OIL on his mottos and has NO problem so unless u have used it and it has stuffed up on u STFU.

yeah race bikes are alot differant to minis!!!!! the crf50 manual says to run non synthetic 10w 40 oil. pretty much all china enines are copys of crf50s engines so id say the oil will be the same.

You can use fancy bike spec synthetic but why? Its not like the extra engine life it gives you will count for anything- that bike will die long before wear from a cheap mineral oil becomes a factor. The only problem i can see is using energy conserving synthetic car oil, that can definately cause clutch slip.
IMO anything other than decent mineral oil changed regularly just seems a waste.

than how come my moto that is a 125cc lifan engine hasnt died yet(is 4 years old) and im using castrol fully synthetic oil , and my bro has a 125cc lifan and was using the cheap shit and only lasted him about 1 year and then started smokin, and my bike (same engine ) hasnt started smokin yet or the clutch hasnt begun to slip or anything, and when we go ridin his engine heats up like a bitch and mine is still a a low temp and we both dont thrash it or anythin, so there u go, if u use cheap shit u have to replace it every week but if u use the good stuf u only change it once a month,also if u use cheap shit oil like YOU use then the gaskets are more likely to F up as it is slips through and becomes lighter when is hot, Trust me i worked at a moto shop for 3 years and we all used the good oil as the other cheaper oil stuffed new bikes and many custemers came back with oil problems and once we used the castrol r4 or power 1 it went away and there was no more leak so ther u go.

you sound like a d**ckhead from all the other posts in other threads ive seen from u u no nothing aii. ur one of those people who think they no alot but they dont! worse then motovert24
ok lets stay on topic tho

Yes because all chinese engines are prepared to a high level of standardization... You cannot use a single example to argue your point. There is nothing wrong with mineral oil, many many engines have gone round the clock on it. Unless your using sunflower oil its not an issue what engine oil you use on these engines. You can disagree if you'd like but I dont think anyone will take you seriously.

oh I'm so sorry for making you have a spazz attack mister Mxrider23. I didn't know you had worked in a bike shop, you're clearly a motorbike expert. I'm gonna go buy some super expensive oil for my super cheap china engine ASAP, I just hope my inferior mineral oil hasn't killed my engine yet.

*cough*keyboard*cough*
*cough*warrior*cough*

Latest posts

Back