Which Sprocket ??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LTN16

Reaction score
I want to get more top speed out of my bike.

Should I change the rear sprocket and what to ?

Thanks

what sprocket set up you runing now and what engine is it for? try changing the front sprocket up either 1 or 2 teeth depending how much faster ya wanna go, 1 tooth on the front might give ya an extra ~ 10km/h depending on the engine

biiger front sprocket = more speed.
smalled rear sprocket = more speed.
bigger wheels = more speed.

biggest front i seen is 17T
smallest rear i seen is 35T

i got a 14" rear with 16 - 41 now and i noticed a difference in power when i changed 1 tooth in the front on a 140 it wasnt much but if i changed to a 17 - 35 i reckon it'd loose to much power. what you got on their now and what sorta riding do ya do?

What motor and what sprocket set up are you currently running? Without knowing that info no one will be able to help you any more than they already have.

To add to dabombs post, changing one tooth on the front sprocket is equivalent to changing 3 teeth on the back.

Thanks for your help..

The motor is a Ducar 125 ;) but I'll have to double check the what sprockets I'm currently using. I do a bit of trail riding on it.

When you change the sprockets do you have to change the chain also ??

if your doing trial riding you will want something that is short geared so u can get up in rpm and maintain the power when you need it.

Thanks for your help..

When you change the sprockets do you have to change the chain also ??

I would recommend getting a good quality chain because the china ones just stretch until they snap. Do yourself a favour and save yourself a future problem by getting a DID chain. They can be bought for as little as $40 and are well worth it.

I would recommend getting a good quality chain because the china ones just stretch until they snap. Do yourself a favour and save yourself a future problem by getting a DID chain. They can be bought for as little as $40 and are well worth it.
Yeah now that you say that I reckon that the chain has stretched as is about to snap.. I will be getting a new chain for sure now. Thanks

OK. I just checked the two sprockets that are on my bike now.
The Front is 14t and the Rear is 41t

So should I go for a 17t on the front and a 37t on the back.
Would that work well ??

Last edited:
maybe just change the front sprocket to a 16 and see how it goes power and speed wise then if you want more speed and havent lost too much bottom end the change the back over to a 37

hey ltn16 its a dook 125 rite??

i ran a 16 37 setup on my bike when i had mine and i still had enough power to pop mad wheelys

i got a 14" rear with 16 - 41 now and i noticed a difference in power when i changed 1 tooth in the front on a 140 it wasnt much but if i changed to a 17 - 35 i reckon it'd loose to much power. what you got on their now and what sorta riding do ya do?

not sure aye i think its just 13f 37r. mainly trail ridin but wanna do a bit of track when i can find one in newcastle lol

im just sayin that from wat ive herd there shit motors, suit urself if you would rather that, everyoes different, mate

OK.. The 17t sprocket I ordered turned up today. But I can't seem to fit the chain around it with the 41t at the back. The chain just seems to be to small. Whats the problem ??

Would I be able to get the chain around a 16t sprocket on the front ??

have you adjusted the chain tensionesrs all the way in?? if not then try that or ride the bike around more to stretch the chain

have you adjusted the chain tensionesrs all the way in?? if not then try that or ride the bike around more to stretch the chain
Yeah I've done that. I loosend the rear wheel right off but still can't manage to get the chain around the front sprocket.

Doe's a 17t/41t combo usually work ??

Latest posts

Back