Who likes z50's?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i sure do love my z50's
thats why im building my lifan up... for a 5speed road bike

i have bought a few over the last few years, but lost the love until a few weeks ago, heres some of the stuff i pulled out of the shed last weekend, the green j1 and the blue k2 are being assembled as we speak
stevesbits.jpg

Im getting a hold of a z50r soon there sweet lil bikes

Hell yeah, Motodevo you got a family there bro, all the colours in the rainbow. Better do a build thread mate. Please

There are a few old thread, but as I said I lost the love for a long time. Got rid of quite a few bikes (mostly 70s 2 stroke enduro bikes) but thankfully I kept the zeds.
http://www.miniriders.com/z-minis/33664-devos-j1-build.html
I have plenty of pics on an old laptop I'll have to dig up. The green j1 was pretty much done then I decided to go with a disk brake front end and some more road friendly tyres so I stripped her down and that's how it stayed for the last year or two, in pieces.

Last edited:
Was in Perter Stevens in Melb. City and they have a 40th Anniversary on the wall.. With rego plate.. frame also had compliance.. I questioned the sales dude there who was pretty insistive it was the 40th aniv. frame and not an early model one..

Anyone know FOR SURE.. if the 40th was complied?! I was under the impression they didnt have compliance!?

40th were originally imported with out a compliance plate, but then not many sold, so they had them complianced so they would sell. Which they did and very quickly.

They did comply the unsold stock as tamzy said, I actually had a deposit on one but had to let it go as I had to fix my car and the missus wasn't keen on me spending almost 4 grand on a "toy" as well

i have bought a few over the last few years, but lost the love until a few weeks ago, heres some of the stuff i pulled out of the shed last weekend, the green j1 and the blue k2 are being assembled as we speak
stevesbits.jpg

wana get rid of one of the parts bikes?

nah sorry. Probably get 1 more hardtail, 3 for the original colours(red,blue and yellow) and four customs, one for me, one for the missus and the last two for my 2 kids. There's plenty still out there, i have found free wanted ads in local papers are the cheapest way to source them, and put them in regional areas nearest to you. Every time i have put in an ad i get prob 4 or 5 calls a week, out of them one usually will let go of one for less than 200. The reason they're stripped down is that the missus doesnt notice more parts on the shelves in the garage but she notices another complete bike

Last edited:
i thought the wanted sections would return little results... apparently not i will do that :)

Latest posts

Back