Why does miniriders go down all the time?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XX_rydeR

Reaction score
Hi.

As the title says, Why does this forum go down all the time?

you have a shit browser.. get firefox and keep updating it ;)

you have a shit browser.. get firefox and keep updating it ;)

Damn, well if i have a shit browser then you must to, i use Firefox dumbarse.

I'm not retarded. Or a stupid home user..

I have the same prob using firefox. If you are in a non metro area its more likely your local server overloading

I have the same prob using firefox. If you are in a non metro area its more likely your local server overloading

As far as i can tell its a server issue.

Where is the site hosted?

By the way, thanks for answering.

Dunno it happens to me too ever since they changed servers, it doesnt work most of the time

Maybe you're full of shit and have no idea what you're talking about?

Don't insult people, it's not what we do here. This is a community, not a war zone.

As far my experience MiniRiders hasn't even been down to me. I'm using Firefox 3 on Windows XP Service Pack 2.

I don't know if MiniRiders has a backup period where at a certain time or every so hours/minutes it goes into a backup stage where it back-ups all the files and databases and that may cause MiniRiders to be down. Backing up is good and used in MySQL systems and PHP coding. It's useful for storing and creating a restore of files.

See if you can get in touch with Rob (Username: miniriders), he's the owner and he knows where the server is located and such.
Just a few questions for you Ryder..

Do you live in a remote place?
What browser are you using?
How often do you scan your PC?
Who is your ISP? (Internet Service Provider)
What computer do you have?
Finally, what are you running? (e.g. Windows 98, XP or Vista or an Apple Mac?)

Thank you and when you answer these questions I should be able to help you if it's not to do with the server but if it is.. well.. err.. deal with it? :eek: :p

Have a great day!
-Wes

Don't insult people, it's not what we do here. This is a community, not a war zone.

See if you can get in touch with Rob (Username: miniriders), he's the owner and he knows where the server is located and such.

Have a great day!
-Wes

Rob sold the forum, a guy by the name of Chris(who I havnt heard a peek out of) now owns it. dont know much more than that....

Rob sold the forum!? :'(

I hate it when owners NEVER talk to you or anything. Thanks for the info though Foolspeed.

Dunno it happens to me too ever since they changed servers, it doesnt work most of the time

I think you will find it happens at peak times... i know thats what happens to me

As far my experience MiniRiders hasn't even been down to me. I'm using Firefox 3 on Windows XP Service Pack 2.

I don't know if MiniRiders has a backup period where at a certain time or every so hours/minutes it goes into a backup stage where it back-ups all the files and databases and that may cause MiniRiders to be down. Backing up is good and used in MySQL systems and PHP coding. It's useful for storing and creating a restore of files.

Do you live in a remote place?
What browser are you using?
How often do you scan your PC?
Who is your ISP? (Internet Service Provider)
What computer do you have?
Finally, what are you running? (e.g. Windows 98, XP or Vista or an Apple Mac?)

Thank you and when you answer these questions I should be able to help you if it's not to do with the server but if it is.. well.. err.. deal with it? :eek: :p

Have a great day!
-Wes

I wont bother taking any notice of your "Dont insult people" comment.

99% it's a server issue. Thanks for your interest though.

yer happens to me like atleast every day from like 2- 4ish? in the afternoon :( very annoying

Latest posts

Back