Why is my pit bike doing this??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For some reason, when I started it at 1 full turn out the idle was high and even when I turned the idle screw down nothing changed. And do I do the steps you just listed with the flap open or closed?

Thanks so much, my bike is running perfectly...Now I have more simple issues lol...My exhaust bolt and my oil leak. I thinkI stripped the bolt that connects to the exhaust mount. I recently lost the original nut that came with the bike to secure the exhaust to the port so I bought a new one but for some reason I think it got stripped and it wont go on to secure the exhaust tightly. I need to find a way to secure it better because its causing alot of crackling and rattling. Also I have a small oil leak on my engine. Dont know where but I can see drips of oil on some nuts and over the months as I rode when I ride the wind witll blow it under the engine so it looks worse. What I want to know is can I get some gasket seal spray and spray the whole base and head of the engine?
photo (1).JPG
photo (2).JPG
photo (3).JPG

Thanks so much, my bike is running perfectly...Now I have more simple issues lol...My exhaust bolt and my oil leak. I thinkI stripped the bolt that connects to the exhaust mount. I recently lost the original nut that came with the bike to secure the exhaust to the port so I bought a new one but for some reason I think it got stripped and it wont go on to secure the exhaust tightly. I need to find a way to secure it better because its causing alot of crackling and rattling. Also I have a small oil leak on my engine. Dont know where but I can see drips of oil on some nuts and over the months as I rode when I ride the wind witll blow it under the engine so it looks worse. What I want to know is can I get some gasket seal spray and spray the whole base and head of the engine?
photo1_zps24415d8b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
photo3_zps08be6bbf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
photo2_zps5f274294.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

good news it's all running nice again.
did you notice anything (dirt etc) come out of the carby when you sprayed that Pilot Jet port ?

with the exhaust,
if you lock some decent vise grips onto the stud, you should be able to undo it and take it out the head
then you can either replace it with another stud (high tensile M6 x1mm pitch),
or use a M6 x1mm pitch bolt, it will need to be a bit shorter than the stud that you have taken out, maybe use some spring washers to space it if you need to?

in your pics of the oil leak,
i can see it looks to be coming from the camshaft cover on the l/h side of the engine ?
it might need a new gasket there ?
or it might just need the centre bolt to be tightened up a little, don't strip it by doing it up too tight!
the bolt is on the r/h side of the head in the centre of this cover

cover-2362362356236.jpg

possibly the rocker cover at the front of the head is leaking? 4 x 10mm headed bolts
or maybe the round rocker cover on the bottom of the head is too?
they use an o'ring to seal against the head, auto parts shops sell new ones, or a industrial bearing shop.

if you degrease the front and underside of your engine and wipe it clean, then just keep an eye on it regularly to see where it is leaking from.

also check if the Oil drain plug, or the Timing chain tensioner bolt needs nipping up a touch.
if you were to take it out, there should be a thick copper washer between the bolt head and the engine case.
you should be able to pick a couple of new ones up from any auto parts place for under $1
or the other way would be to use some thread tape, but it shouldn't really need it.

and when you add pictures from Photobucket etc,
you don't need to click on the add pictures box, above the text box too.
see your second lot of pics have

Last edited:
I got it off thank you, but I used a screwdriver and applied pressure as I unscrewed it. Now when I try to put another one on, it stops. Ive tried different positions but its stops. I got the other side on but the one I just took off is giving trouble.

Where is the Timing tensioner bolt? and I already ruled out the camshaft cover on the leftside. Its sealed up.

different thread on your new nut ?

the timing chain tensioner retainer bolt is on the bottom of the engine,
on the gear lever side, it is a big chrome bolt, a bit like the chrome oil drain bolt

Latest posts

Back