Will a turbo do anything??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No i have looked into those, the battery power will neva b enough to have any kind of real diff. it would be a shit load of set up for no reward. unless u can find a way to run the turbo of the fly wheel or sumthang.

Ive had 1 of these, i found away 2 get power, run the power from the magneto and increased with reving, much like a supercharger.

it did run some boost, but that was a blow through method of forced air induction, which as you all know, putin pressure through a carby will disturb the fuel flow and stall. (The carby acts on a pressure drop to deliver the fuel)

A suck through method is the may to go if you intend to create some forced air induction.

Suck Through Method: Air Filter - Carby - Turbo Inlet - Manifold - Inlet Port.

Blow Through Method: Air Filter - Turbo Inlet - Carby - Manifold - Inlet Port.

interesting and for the price, might be worth it just to play with it.

meh i rekon u r better off porting the head or sumthin

yeah, definatly not worth the hassels. Theyve been selling them for a year or so, still have not heard anyone satisfied with an install.

That will deliver absolutely zero boost. You may find a little increase because of the lighter wallet in your back pocket.

It may have upset your jetting at idle, but will have a long way to go before it supplies any useable 'boost'. Forced induction must overcome 14psi of atmospheric air pressure, and then some, before adding any extra pressure to the induction system.

Do you know the reason why they don't make turbo dirtbikes its cause of the boost it can become a very difficult thing to control. You may be ready to hit a jump then all of a sudden the turbo kicks in and your speed is way to much overclearing the jump and falling off. This isn't the full technical thing but you get the idea with my little explanation.

Last edited:
Do you know the reason why they don't make turbo dirtbikes its cause of the boost it can become a very difficult thing to control. You may be ready to hit a jump then all of a sudden the turbo kicks in and your speed is way to much overclearing the jump and falling off. This isn't the full technical thing but you get the idea with my little explanation.

turbos dont just kick in from out of nowhere... unless maybe its the first time you have ridden it and have no idea whats going to happen when you twist the throttle ;)

but they are very easy to bog down when not in the right rev range, and would spin up like a 2 stroke when the torque kicks in which would make them terrible in the dirt. no supprises tho.

those electric turbo things are a joke! Total BS. But if you are really hard up about getting it then let us know what you come up with.

Latest posts

Back