Will shocks designed for crf50s fit in my 05 thumpstar pro?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitboss125

Reaction score
This probably wasnt worth creating a thread over, cause i doubt there are too many people wanting to know the answer to this question, but i didnt know where to put it.

So will say an ishock or elka shock designed for a crf50 fit in my 05 thumpstar pro?? They have the same STYLE of swing arm, although they may be different and work differantly??

mesure the hight of your old forks compared to theses, it will answer your question.

no CRF shock is way smaller than the one you need for a Thumpy pro. i have about 5 shocks that i brouht for my CRF none fitted (i had to buy a Ishock)....... to big, if you had a CRFshock the backend would be lowrider.

mesure the hight of your old forks compared to theses, it will answer your question.

this is about REAR shocks isnt it!? not FORKS!?? otherwise he might as well be measing the size of his airfilter to determine if the rear shock will fit!?

Ishock info:features a 10mm shaft, 260mm overall length and 80mm of shaft travel

05 thumpstar::confused: dunno...

Pitboss, It will fit. 05 thumpy has an eye to eye length of 270mm, and the chain rubs through the swinga all the time. The CRF stock shock is only 250mm so don't use this. Any other shock made for CRF50 is normally 260mm so you can use this and it will slow down the chopping away of ya swinga. you will be lowering your bike by doing this but the benefits outway the lower bike height. Trust me I sold thumpstars for 18 months.

You won't regret spending the money either.
I advise anyone who wants to upgrade their shock to completely skip the cheap and midrange ones. I know so many guys who have gone through 3 or more $150-$180 shocks trying to save money, when all along they end up spending the same or more than what a decent shock costs and could have been enjoying a much better ride all this time without the pain in the arse of constantly bustin' shocks. Its a big trap to go cheap.

If you can, Get yourself a Fox float shock and thn you will know what a good ride is all about. Mack is right, 3 or 4 $150 shocks is false economy when all you need is 1 $450 shock installed once only.

Latest posts

Back