Wiring Questions

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmadden91

Reaction score
Hey guys im new here just got a few questions wiring my engine.

I just bought a Yamoto 125cc 4 stroke engine and just have a question regarding the wiring. From the stator I have a red/black wire, a blue/white wire, a white wire, a yellow wire and a green wire

I know that the red/black and the blue/white both go to the CDI, and the green is an earth, but I was just wondering what the yellow and the white go to? After some research it looks like they would go to a rectifier, however I did not receive a rectifier with the engine.

So do I need a rectifier? Will it run with the white and yellow wires not connected? If I bought a rectifier what could I use it for?

Cheers guys

yea they are the power wires which go to a rectifier. you only need a rectifier if you want to run electrics like light gauges or whatever.

So if I buy a rectifier, it will output 12v DC? or would it be pulse AC?

the rectifier converts AC power into 12volt DC.. which is what you will need for lights and things...
its actually funny cause they were talking about this in chatbox tonight..

quoted from chatbox
"15-18v AC on idle and 45-50v AC with a quick rev" so you can see why you need a rectifier(sometimes called regulator)

Latest posts

Back