wont go into gear

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sniper

Reaction score
I set up my new atomik reign 150cc bigfoot today and when trying to change from N to 1st gear it wont budge.I have even tried doing it while rolling forward but no go.Also when trying to start it there is alot of kickback and worried ill break my ankle.It kicks back about every third or forth kick.
Can someone help me with these problems?

http://www.miniriders.com.au/tech-talk/23730-gpx-kickstart-mod-solve-kickback.html

do this mod ^^^^ it'll help prevent the kickback, but first u need to learn how to kick a 4stroke....

I heard some bigfoots come with IRK's... if thats the case get one of these: High Performance High Rev Outer Rotor Kit - eBay Other Makes, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 21-May-10 10:05:29 AEST) this kit is full adjustable and will probably eliminate the risk of kickback altogether

now.... when u kick the bike you have to get the kickstarter to the compression.... then gently kick it just over that stiff bit... THEN you kick it....

and yea if it wont click into gear you might not have your clutch cable set tight enough

Last edited:
My gearing is N1234 lifan engine.The clutch cable is tight enough.Could it be the cdi?Or valve clearance?

no not cdi

you shoul have set the valve clearance before even trying to start he engine... do it asap!!

but no valve clearance wont cause this either

and no I really doubt you have a lifan 150 in your bike.... it'll be a yx150

oh and will it click into 1st with the engine not running?

Last edited:
Sorry my mistake,it is a yx150cc.I cant get into any other gear apart from neutral.

SO.... even with bike not running.... it WILL NOT click up into gear at all?

thats right.It wont go into gear when stopped or when engine is running

have you tried just brute forcing it?

sounds like warrantee time....

It will cost me what the bikes worth to send it back to them then back to me

well don't send it to them then!
either make a video to prove the problem... then they should send u a new motor... or send them the motor it'll cost ya $30.... and they should pay for the post

the kickstart problem always happens with the new lifan engines and you have to know the right way to start it . there was a video on you tube telling you how but i cant find it . but you have to find top dead centre (where it has the most compression) and go past it and then kick .
And also you could put into gear and roll back all the way until the bike stops and then kick.
but yeah you cant even put it into gear so scrap that .

Latest posts

Back