Wont start and dont know why. please help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kidfodd

Reaction score
hi i got this mini bike and the other day it was working fine then i left and when i came back it was laying on its side and it hasnt started sense and when i try to start it it will drip fuel out of the air filter hole u know the hole behind the choke and run switch. i need help wut should i do plus i think there is fuel stuck in the piston area. please help[

Fuel float stuck? chq other carbi threads for service tips(open drain screw and lightly tap float case)for poss quick fix

I take it you have spark and all wires are plugged in

I think its sort of ok to lay bike down but spark plug on up side with fuel off but certenly not for long
Please correct me if I have been led astray and info is wrong

idk if it has a float. it def dont have an oil it is a 2 stroke so itz mixed with the gas. please get back

if you layed your bike down on its side then the carbies probably flooded?? so try holding the throttle wide open for a few kicks and then let it off and kick it.. try that maybe its something else

take the carby off and give it a good clean.when the bikes goes on its side 4 a decent period of time tje oil travels into the carby and blocks it up.

then again if its 2 stroke could b diff

save the whales buy a 4 stroke

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
i cleaned the bulb parts of the carb u know the filter and the jets but the gas still leaks from the air hole

i cleaned the bulb parts of the carb u know the filter and the jets but the gas still leaks from the air hole

by air hole do you mean where the air filter fits on?
and being a 2 stroke its possible that the crankcase is full of fuel as well which sometimes can be cleaned by removing the spark plug and push it around in gear for a bit and while doing so take note if any fuel is coming out the spark plug hole..

but i recon aslo the float is stuck mate, so if you know your way round inside a carby then check the float needle hasnt stuck in the seat.. but if your not sure then get someone who knows how to do it...
id hate to see your bike go up in flames...:(

ya i mean the air filter and im not sure of where the float is but i got it to start i messed with the control adjuster on the carb but the bulb dosent pump now. it stays sucked in. idk wuts up know

Ok first what kind of bike is it?(just for further referance)
If fuel is comeing out of the carby the the needle in the needle and seat is stuck open, this is also conected to the float,This is inside the carby ussually right where/under the fuel line connects to the carb.It's like how a toilet systen works, fuel comes in and when the float gets to the right height it shuts the fuel off, by pushing the needle into the seat this blocks the fuel from entering the carby as the engine uses the fuel the float goes down an lifts the needle off the seat and fuel flows in.what some times happen when a carby lays on it's side the float jams and then it cann't shut the fuel off or you can disslogde a bit of dirt in the carb when the bike lays over and this gets caught in the needle and seat and won't let it seat/seal properly and fuel just keeps pouring in.
1st/ thing to do is shut the fuel tap off.
2nd/ see if you can GENTLE kick start the engine,if the kick starter in soild STOP.will explain more later.if it does kick over go to step 3.
3rd/.Try tapping the carby with the handle of a screw driver (I said TAP it,not hit it).Now check there no fuel in the engine oil,if there is signs of fuel in the oil change it before starting it,if no fuel in the oil proceed,Now try starting the bike 2 or 3 kicks if it don't start it may be flooded try opening the throttle right up and kick it a few times again if it still don't start,pull the spark plug out and see if its wet,if it is wet dry it off completely even a bit of heat may help,once it's dry put the plug back in and go full throttle again (be ready to shut the throttle off if it starts)and give it a kick it may need a few kicks.Now if it starts let it run(if it's a 2 stroke don't let it run out of fuel just let it use some of the fuel out of the carby,if its a 4 stroke let it run till the carby runs dry)(remeber the fuel tap is still off)now you can try giveing the carby another tap with the screw driver handle,just a couple of times maybe 3 or 4.
4TH/ Now turn the fuel tap back on and hope fully the float has settled or the dirt has moved on and no more fuel pours out the carby if it still does your gunna have to pull the carby apart and see whats goin on inside get someone who nows what they are looking at to give you a hand.

Now getting back to if the kick starter is solid this ussually means in this case the fuel has poured into the engine and is sitting on top of the piston (an engine cannot compress a liquid only a gas.If you force it you will more then likey break something or bend a con rod)
So now your gotta get the fuel out from on top of the piston pull the spark plug out,disconect the coil you don't want spark around when your doing this.Now put some/plenty rag over the spark plug hole and kick the engine over gently and this will pump the fuel out it may spray everywhere so as I said don't be shy wth the rag.Remove the rag after you have cleared the fuel.dry the sparkplug out,and put it back in,now if there is still fuel or fuel vapour around your engine from where you pumped it out make sure its all gone, you don't want to start a fire on your pride and joy.Now hook the spark plug lead and coil back up again if there is any signs of fuel about the engine you may even want to wash it down before starting.
Now Before starting if it is a 4stroke check your oil if it smells like fuel at all change it before you try and start the bike. Cause when it was flooded fuel may have seeped past the rings and into the sump/oil,if you get a spark in there it will be disarstress.so make sure its right if in doubt change it.
Ok so now you should have a dry plug no fuel pouring out the carb clean oil and dry clean engine try and start her up and go have some fun.
BUT NOT ON THE STREET!!!!
Hope this helps
BIT

Last edited:
ya im not sure of what exatly it is but its one of them chinese pocket rockets and i doesnt have a kickstart its a pull start and its 2 stroke

Well done (Bit) that`s the shit good warning about spark and fuel vapour some times you don`t realize how much of a build up of gas you can get.

So be carefull where the spark plug coil/cap is when off and also exaust flash/backfire when in.

And if you smoke(your stupid) extra care with fuel soaked cloths and rags when you light up.

Dude were he said kick pull the cord

Pumper carb (dont like em)the diafram/gasket leak and it only takes a speck of shit in the fuel to block em replace with deloto rep 14/14
Pocket Bike Racing
have a search on the site

ya im not sure of what exatly it is but its one of them chinese pocket rockets and i doesnt have a kickstart its a pull start and its 2 stroke

Yeah Ok
As already said by Hobarthermit,just pull the cord where it says kick it over,the basic princaple should be the same for most engines.One thing that can happen with 2strokes when they foul a plug and then left sit is that the fuel evapourates and leaves the oil behind and it shorts the plug out way down at the bottom of the electrode(looking from the top of the plug down in the hole at the bottom of the hole)you can try cleaning the plug with brake or carby cleaner give it a good flush and then flick any excess out and let it evaporate out try the plug again(But sometimes the plug dies from flooding this is very common on 2 stroke plugs)so get another plug and try it again.
BIT

Latest posts

Back