World Class Motocross Track/Complex

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter1230

Reaction score
Ok here it is.

Located on the central coast NSW Somersby a world class motocross complex is possibly going to be built..
It is still in the process of deciding but i by what my local paper says it will cost like 7.5 million to build. it would have heaps of different facilities like a stadium seating 4500 people and a 4m high concrete wall to help keep sound in.

To show you support i suggest you send a letter to Gosford Council and help get this place approved.
The guys that want to develop have spent 80 000 bucks on plans.

I will try and upload pictures very soon.

send them an e-mail saying theres a poll thing here showning surport for this project cause i'll definently sign a petition thing for this as im to lazy to write an e-mail to some council, wooo this will be good, do you know how long it would take to build???

oh so hasn't been approved, do you know when they'll get the final decision???? i hope this goes a head be good, is there some sort of petition for this????

lakecathie09.jpg

lakecathie09131.jpg

Get your support behind this fellas.
could make all the difference

i'm definently surporting this, as for these guys that are saying no they can stick it up there arse, we need more tracks and all they're worryed about is THEIR peace and quite they don't think of others only themselves when they campagin againts things for the greater community.

in saying this i will not be attending the meeting as i have no transport to get there.

EDIT: thanks for thoes peter1230

Last edited:
supported:p

stupid do gooder neighbours! spose theyd prefer their kids to ride on the road?
noise pollution? bet its not as loud as the nearby f3 with all the trucks and so forth....
lowering land value? youd think having a large sporrts faciliy would raise it?
air pollution? bet they all fart and drive cars and use materials that just got shipped via a semi belching out diesel fumes....
not like its going to be running at 2am or anything, either....

you'd think pollution would be their last complaint having the f3 so close by...

i cant blame them for being worried about the noise though, i'd be pissed if someone wanted to do that near my land, but these guys have prepared a whole plan to reduce noise pollution so maybe the neighbours should listen to what they have to say before they say no..

goodluck to these guys, theyre doing a good thing for the motorcross industry and community.

yeah exactly... it is a quite part of the coast but.. so ill give them that.. but i reckon it would benefit the area.

fukn bastard wowsers is all i can say Wilcox(will suck cox)bastard wowser

central coast off road

I received a letter from Gosford city council stating that the application for the complex had been withdrawn…spewing

Protesters don't think!

I know i'm a bit late on this topic but i can't believe they protested this!
Its almost like the protesters said "Bikes make sound, no track!" without thought at all.

I doubt they considered the track was in the middle of no-where, far away from any house with a great big freaking concrete wall around it!

Now theres no track, riders are even more encouraged to ride illegally, in high residential areas due to the fact that the closest track is hours away. So theres a backfire on the protest, instead of having people riding on a track out in the bush, protesters can enjoy people riding in those vacant blocks next door...

When taking into account that this would have been a "world-class" track, it wouldn't have only benefited the riders, but the entire community also. People would have came from all around NSW, and Australia to see events held at this track.

Dirt bike riding, even though a legitimate sport, seems to get no recognition what so ever from councils and is despised by those who simply don't think.

I know i'm a bit late on this topic but i can't believe they protested this!
Its almost like the protesters said "Bikes make sound, no track!" without thought at all.

I doubt they considered the track was in the middle of no-where, far away from any house with a great big freaking concrete wall around it!

Now theres no track, riders are even more encouraged to ride illegally, in high residential areas due to the fact that the closest track is hours away. So theres a backfire on the protest, instead of having people riding on a track out in the bush, protesters can enjoy people riding in those vacant blocks next door...

When taking into account that this would have been a "world-class" track, it wouldn't have only benefited the riders, but the entire community also. People would have came from all around NSW, and Australia to see events held at this track.

Dirt bike riding, even though a legitimate sport, seems to get no recognition what so ever from councils and is despised by those who simply don't think.

is this simon mather?

I know its a done deal but I didn't know anything about the original plans.

What a pain. NSW really seems to be lagging behind states like Vic when it comes to tracks.

In Melbourne there is still a great deal of land not too far from the city without any residential dwellings.

In Sydney. Not very much at all. I have a friend with 100 acres near St Marys but the developers are always knocking. Once again, residential. Land is worth so much money these days that it is going to be very difficult to find anywhere to ride within the next 15 yr's. If there was a decent track built in Sydney, including a spare parts office etc. I really think it could be a very lucrative business opportunity.

I don't know enough about MX tracks to really follow this up but I think it could be a a win win for riders and an entrepreneur with an interest in bikes.

Initial investment would not have to be enormous. There are a lot of developers sitting on substantial parcels of land with no plans for the next 5 - 15 yr's. A lease on some of these lands may be an option. If you had 100 acres you could very easily only use 10 acres or so in the middle of the parcel thus removing most reasonable objections regarding noise etc.

Just thinking out loud really.

Logic

If I owned land and had money to spare I'd hire/buy a bobcat and build myself a track. dunno how world class it would be though haha.

If I had plans to build a track on my own property I personally wouldn't build it out in the open for everyone to see, I'd hide it in a gully near some bush because you'd get a lot of visitors coming to have a go and it would be a pain in the ass. Sounds a bit selfish I know but meh.

As for public tracks, it's a shame there's not more. there is/was a big track near bacchus marsh but I heard it was getting pulled down and sold, something to do with a council or something. Tracks are probably going to start fading away like that.

I've never actually been to a MX track, got plans to go to the one in broadmeadows soon though, looks awesome!

I know this is an old thread, but has anyone followed up to see if Mr Wilcox had his own ideas for developing the area.

Bike tracks surrounded by trees or housing estates with no trees, what is being done with the land now?

Cheers

Jaimie

I know this is an old thread, but has anyone followed up to see if Mr Wilcox had his own ideas for developing the area.

Bike tracks surrounded by trees or housing estates with no trees, what is being done with the land now?

Cheers

Jaimie

i did pursue Greg Timmins a few months back and he said he is still interested in getting it developed but due to circumstances they are looking for a different location

Latest posts

Back