WR250F or WR450F

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WHAAAAAAAAAAAT ??????? european bikes are alot more advanced and mechanically better than any japanese bike how couldnt you trust them ? i have never ever seen a european bike break down or have any other problems other than broken levers and such .

LOL! euro bikes are the beez neez. The only problem i see with them is finding and getting hold of spare parts, plus paying a fortune for them while your at it.

Last edited:
the WR will also have a different ratio gear box to the motocrosser so that does tame it down a bit in the lower gears, will also have a higher top speed. of you wanna compare it to the other 450 you rode (crf450) weight will be immediately noticable. you have things like starter motor, battery, lights, oil catch can, radiator overflow, kick stand, extra baffels in muffler.

it doesnt matter if your a average rider, above average rider, superawesome sing my boobs motocrosser, if your a smart rider, you should be able to handle the 450. it will only ever go as fast as you twist the throttle. on the flip side, get the 250, then when you are comfortable with that, get a power pipe, then ignition, then some weight saving parts. then upgrade to the 450.

my mate has a husky cr250..
he bought the bike and the gearbox lasted about 10hrs he got it replaced ($1400), the bike lasted another 15 or so hrs before it did the exact same thing..(3rd gear shts itself). and the repairs being done by a husky mechanic.
im not sure what causes this as i havent seen it but the repair costs are starting to be worth more than the bike...

i know this is only 1 bike to use as an example but i do know of ktm's and husabergs that are similar in needing repairs

hmm sort of a realy realy tiny percentage compared to the things you see with jap bikes.

yea i hear you sean.... they might have problem but i if i was him id be getting one of those gear boxes and finding some one who can CNC one and have it made out of the best shit you can afford...

well it shouldnt need to be done that way... the gears alone are worth a mint..
a gearbox should last longer than what it has done...

and to be honest, whats so flash about a euro bike? they look like sht and cost a fortune to repair..
jap bikes are cheap to repair and easily dolled up with the hugh range of aftermarket goodies and sticker kits..

Hi minibiker05. I own a yz450f & i am looking at going back to a yz250f as it scares me every time i ride it. You just think you have it worked out & push harder & all of a sudden you are on the ground saying what the hell happened. you can modify the 250's via the sprockets if you want more torque & of course pipes, ignition etc.

all the best with your choice.

i have owned an xr600, yz20, yz426 and most recently a yz450...i cant vouch for the wr but i can tell you the 450 is an awesome ride...and someone mentioned, it will only go as fast as you whip it...you need to buy what your comfortable with, but if you have half an idea about riding you will get bored with the 250 real quick..

my 2c

Good luck :-D

Latest posts

Back