WTF flames outta my exhaust

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ah hello just look on the right side of the carby and theres also 1 under the carb on the bottom of the bowl but u need 2 take it of 2 get in there.

damn hate when that happens trash got there first

Instead of listening to people telling you that your bike is running rich, and then going and turning screws which may or may not even be the mixture screw, and possible making things worse. Find out if it is running rich or lean first, then worry about how to adjust it. Also check your zorst for air leaks.

give it to her bro tell the neighbours where 2 stick it :p

surly the mixture screw would be in it carby itself??

um no...the one on the side is the idel screw

Yes that is right, not another mixture screw..lol people should not be giving advice on how to fix problems with carby's when they don't even know what an idle screw is......

While your out there take your spark plug out and tell us what it looks like.

pegleg

i agree with pegleg.. umm pegleg my 250 is back firing when i rev it i took the carbie off today and the over flow screw was so tight i had reall trouble unscrewing it, anyway i got it open and just nipped it a little instead of screwing it way too tight,i turned the mixture screw all the way in then 2 turns out, and then put the eclip on second down from top on the needle, ive got main jet #105 and pilot is #39 put back on and still back fired so i was thinking maybe i have an air leak in my zorst?? would it most likley be coming from the head?? thanks m8

Last edited:
The mixture screw HAS to be located on the carb... unless you have taken it out and moved it under the seat....

this thread is going noware fast, lets see a video of these flames.. light a cig or something off one ;)

best bet is to probably wait untill tomorrow when its daylight and the neighbours cant whinge.

In the meantime, why not search the forum for the tech info you require.. like where the idle screw is located, how to check for air leaks, adjusting your mixtures....

try this link....REALLY helpful when its used right......
http://www.miniriders.com.au/forum/search.php

if yor bikes running lean its a good chance the idols not right and also if u adjust the mixture majority of the time u have 2 adjust the idol after any ways.not here 2 argue just giving my 2 cents

Aiite so i started her up and gave it a good rev wid mi hand down the very start of the header where it goes into the engine, i could feel heat radiating from it very quickly almost like a slight breeze so i imgine this would be an air leak, so thats causing it to backfire but wat about the flames will that go away once i get rid of the backfire

The mixture screw HAS to be located on the carb... unless you have taken it out and moved it under the seat....

this thread is going noware fast, lets see a video of these flames.. light a cig or something off one ;)

best bet is to probably wait untill tomorrow when its daylight and the neighbours cant whinge.

In the meantime, why not search the forum for the tech info you require.. like where the idle screw is located, how to check for air leaks, adjusting your mixtures....

try this link....REALLY helpful when its used right......
http://www.miniriders.com.au/forum/search.php
I keep my mixture screw under my hat for safe keeping.:D

that will b more than likly the cause of ur flames hopefully anyways

i know mines running rich at the moment but yeah it dont bother me ay....
its good in the night time hahaha

Spark plug appears fine to me, what would you have looked for on the plug

i agree with pegleg.. umm pegleg my 250 is back firing when i rev it i took the carbie off today and the over flow screw was so tight i had reall trouble unscrewing it, anyway i got it open and just nipped it a little instead of screwing it way too tight,i turned the mixture screw all the way in then 2 turns out, and then put the eclip on second down from top on the needle, ive got main jet #105 and pilot is #39 put back on and still back fired so i was thinking maybe i have an air leak in my zorst?? would it most likley be coming from the head?? thanks m8
hey peg leg whats do you think of my prob m8???

If when you rev your bike and the back off it back fires and splutters then flames come out, then they are related to one another. But just wait until tomorrow and loosen the two exhaust nuts and move it around until it seats firm. take it out for a quick run and see how it goes.
Oh I forgot to ask, when you got your new exhaust you should have got a copper washer with it that sits between it and the motor, it deforms when you tighten the nuts to create an air tight seal.
But as foolsp33d said have a look at the search feature, try searching for carby tuning/running rich.

Latest posts

Back