Xr50/70 Z50 ; Need Inspiration.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jammo

Reaction score
Hey guy's.

I have been riding pitbikes for about 2 months now, and have been reading MR alot.

I have almost finished year 10 and i would love to be a mechanic, I have been thinking of a project to work on just for the fun of it.

Could you guys help me out with the following:

xr 50 : What head and bore kit to make it faster ( 88 or 108 ) Links would greeatly be appreaciated,
z50 : Front and rear shocks, More power, Rims , tyre's etc.
** also for xr70 all of above.

Basically want to take an older bike and make it faster and stronger.
( bush riding and small tracks w/ small jumps , tabletops, racing my friends etc.
Everything you could tell me about Making these older honda's faster and more equipped for jumping would be appreciated. !

Seek and you will find;) It's all on here, in fine detail. Numerous versions of all those builds are posted up already. Good luck, and welcome to the madness of minis! What have you been riding? Yours or borrowed? What's your initial budget? Lots of started builds that can be had for a heap less than buying it all new, yourself. Feel free to purchase all new, though:)

A 88 is a great upgrade......dependable and fun....add the complete kit (jug/slug, carb, cam, and porting) and you got an upgrade that will put a huge grin on your face.....the 107/108 stroker is a tractor compared to the 88....the 88 likes to be wrung out and with the stroker you do not need to do it as much.(cc's or cubes are king)..once again, the whole kit is the way to go but if you stay with a auto clutch, you will need to beef it up.....coincidently, my 88 and 107/108 have both been massaged by the dude that posted above, THE GDFP...he knows how to get what you want out of these little mills....only person I would go to for porting work or that extra special task/question...FPM ROCKS!!!!!

Latest posts

Back