Yamaha DT 175 1992

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

$heepy

Reaction score
Model: yamaha

Make: dt 175

Year: 1992

Specs:
Engine: 171cc, 5 speed, D trail
Transmission: manual 5 speed
Suspension System:yamaha stock
Max speed:150km
Weight:100kg
Bike Size:87cm seat height, 111cm handle bar height
Engine starting:keyed, kick start
Brakes:drum front and back
Body Material:metal petrol tank, plastics

Who this bike is for: this bike is for someone looking for a bike to just run around and have fun on. Not for track work and big jumping. may need suspension stiffened up though depending on condition. can be registered if you want to.

Price:$900-$1500 2nd hand, $2399 new

Photo:
DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

Last edited:
huh?? key start?? its only an ignition... Dt being a road trail was sold towards farmers and city commuters alike as ecconomical on fuel, low seat for comfort and was well priced for the time. its not designed to be a speed machine or expected to take a 20ft gap in leaps and bounds.. but it will plonk along calmly around the farm, or down the street, has that ring ting two stroke buzz, but feels more 4 stroke to ride..sigh.. I recall the first DT i rode.. a 74 candy apple red 250... would kick your shoe off your foot if you got the compression stroke wrong!
tn.JPG

this has got to be 1 of the best reviews ive read in the way its actually set out

I didn't think you could get key start 2 bangas.

yer the key is just so its harder too steal.. but ktm did bring out the first electric start 2 stroke last year in the form of the exc model

Actually you can get key start 2 strokes, KTM 300exc-e and the dt230 yamaha released a few years ago.

Yamaha serrow was also a kick start key start off memory, possibly the TTR range aswell... but great review mate, keep us updated on the riding pics and some action shots :)

Latest posts

Back