Yamoto explorer 125 road engine swap to gpx 125 wiring????help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yamotogpx125

Reaction score
Have got the Yamoto and put the gpx in all looks great but unsure how to wire the Cdi to my bike and the wires that run from gearbox side please help sorry for all the newb questions fairly fresh to the scene but slowly building a weapon

does the gpx 125 have a charge circuit??

if not then your going to have to put the old engines ignition in the gpx.. bit of a shame as some of the extra power comes from that but unless you buy a stator to suit with charging circuit you have no option..

No but it has blue an white, green an white, green an red, black an red, and red an white the old motor doesnt have yellow and white either does have two solid yellows though? Any ideas

hmmm, might pay to ring dhz to see if that stator is compatible... but at a guess im going to say its not.
the z160 engine however does have what you need but appears to be a different setup than the gpx125

youll be able to wire it up to run but none of your accessories will work and the battery wont charge...

quick work around is to fit the yamoto 125 stator and magneto... shame tho..

damn all my lights and things were still active when the motor was out of the bike except for the rear brake light oviously i know it wont charge the battery and my speedo wont work but my lights should be ok?

damn all my lights and things were still active when the motor was out of the bike except for the rear brake light oviously i know it wont charge the battery and my speedo wont work but my lights should be ok?

lol so wat you going to do, carry 10 batteries with you at night? lights will eat the battery up quick..

or could i get it rewired to suit the yamoto ???

like iv said a couple of times now...

put the yamoto 125 stator plate and magneto on the gpx engine.. all your wiring will be as it was with the old engine..

sorry dude i dont mean to be a **** but like u also said it woud be a shame to do that as i wil lose some power so looking for other allturnatives

there are no alternatives apart from ringing dhz and asking for a stator that charges, lifan daytona 150 kit would be perfect..

Aha the 125 won't be much of an upgrade dude.... Get a bigger CC engine if you wanna have a "weapon" street legal minibike.....I have a lifan 150 with just a bigger exhaust and its a "weapon, as you say" oh and I haven't even installed my AKUNAR racing cam yet

Latest posts

Back