yamoto explorer...dont bother

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

headsmess

Miniriders OG
Reaction score
so i got one of these things over a month ago....
prick up there in qld saying as soon as i get my compliance plate, i wizz down to the RTA with a ctp(green slip)and hey presto, rego is like sparking a smoke:)

ahem...so why have i been to the rta three times in three days?
and STILL no rego?

at the RTA..."you need a blue slip, first registration, it needs a blue slip" i was told i didnt...this earnt raised eyebrows from ppl at RTA, the mechanic i went to, my mates, me, anyone thats registered anything without rego on it.... so i went and got my blue slip...

next"you need a new ctp"...ok, the wank mechanic put my vin number in wrong...thats cool....fixed that.

so now, i got it all sorted:)....or so i thought "your vin isnt on this import approval"... so i ring my good buddies at motovert,(trust me, ive had to ring them a LOT) yeah sure, well fax that page through... as they then do. this being the first thing, other than taking my money, that theyve done promptly....

then the chick behind the counter at the RTA tells me i need a third tier inspection... a what?:eek:

now the dumkopf at motorevo is trying to tell me hes sold heaps in NSW, and im the first person to have these troubles....so

ANYONE ELSE IN NSW BOTHERED GETTING ONE, THEN REGISTERED IT?

the saga continues in that...my speedo doesnt work cause they dont check the crap theyre selling.... ie, parts missing....not that big deal until i get this inspection next week...when it better be working...

and seeing as it took 2 weeks for my compliance plate to arrive, from brisbane... a ten hour drive away....
i dont expect my speedo to be working unless i make something....

once again...ANYONE IN NSW REGISTERED AN EXPLORER? and what were youre experiences?

Last edited:
you have to buy a compliance plate seperate? did you have the option?
is ur speedo sensor hooked up properly?

lol should of bought a rx bru!
mine was no hassle, blueslip->order plates->greenslip->present slips at rta and pickup plates->done!
had all my engine work and some other mods done before the blueslip too!

no, they didnt include the lil rotor tht spins with the wheel..so i got a sensor that has nothing to sense...

to get the compliance plate was free...except having to pay an "authorised workshop" to assemble it...at least delivery through works TNT account was free...

and it was less than getting motorevo to assemble it, and deliver it with the compliane STICKER actually....

yeah, shoulda saved my dosh and gotten something with a name behind it:(

even my postie would have been easier and quicker

i see....i have the same speedo sensor problem....my new disks didnt come with a magnet embeded in the disk like the old disk....mite epoxy one in there or something.

so im of the idea its just one magnet? seeing as i dont have the thing in front of me to copy directly..., and im gunna get on my lathe tomorrow before work... bastard if it has three or something silly...
i am not waiting two weeks for them to get their act together and send me a replacement...
dumkopf even wanted me to send the unit back up first:eek:
but yay!!!i pulled it apart and wizzzed a magnet around inside and hit 22kmh:) just gotta find that lump of alloy i got tucked away....

yay!!made my sensor!!!!
note, BEFORE you glue that magnet in, work out which way up it has to go...north or south?

i just had to drill the sucker out and glue it back the ther way:eek:

now road test to see if the speeds right... it might use two magnets:(

one road test later...my suspicions proved right...two magnets:(

wee! just overtook someone in a 60 zone and im reading 42.....

hmmm i got an imported Honda 1974 z50j1 and it only got a ADR compliance ,3 weeks b4 i bought it ,went to RTA all sweet my son you got a plate ,you got import papers ,heres ya plates ,see ya

was to easy ,BTW i may only top out at 60 km but man i sure do look good doing it ,oh and the coppers hate it

the cops is why i got this:p

i had a 74 c90..that was easy. really easy. ah, the memories.... when i finally took it off the road it wasnt even the same bike:p engine, frame, forks...you name it...different bike...reason i didnt re register it...

this thing? ha!

:rolleyes: finally registered... wow.

what a giggle riding this thing through the traffic...

topped out at 106km/h today:) actually feels stable too.

now just the clutch is driving me mad. it is not good.

6/10, mainly for novelty factor.

and this part for my speedo still isnt here either.... despite being told it would get posted a fortnite ago....
meh. it works.

Last edited:
sweet....its nice and legal without a working speedo!

hey i got new disc's without the magnet to pickup my speed....i epoxied the magnet from the old disc into a hole in the new one...works great....it lines up and everything!

$1899 for the 50cc rx and $3000 for the 125cc. i just picked up a moto vert rx it was used for a demo bike only done 24km i got it for $1125

Going to check the rx50 out tomorrow at east coast 50s cheers fellas.

Last edited:
$1899 for the 50cc rx and $3000 for the 125cc. i just picked up a moto vert rx it was used for a demo bike only done 24km i got it for $1125
I seen that on eBay and thought it was a good buy for that price.

I was very tempted to buy it so your lucky..

Yep i think i got a good deal on me motovert but the rx 50 goes real slow so i just pulled the engine out i am fitting a 140cc today.

Yep i think i got a good deal on me motovert but the rx 50 goes real slow so i just pulled the engine out i am fitting a 140cc today.
The 140 should be heaps better. How do you go about fitting the lights and that up to it though ?

easy on the lifen engine it has all 6 wires so i just cut the plug off the old 50cc engine and wire it into my 140cc engine and plug it up and away i go its all done now its in and running so i will take me new toy out for a run when it gets dark

where do u get the compliance plates from we bought a xr250 the other day but the compliance plate had been taked of to paint it and then the guy who done it has lost it
brendan

Latest posts

Back