Ycf factory pilot vs Pitsterpro LXR

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K.Jansson

Reaction score
Hey

Have any one tested those two bikes? How are they compared to each other?

Disregarding the engines which has the best chassi/suspension?!

the pitster pro lxr for sure, cant beat the linkage and lxrs feel over the ycf/braaap.
ycf/braaaps one hangs low in the front and high in the back. good for tight tracks and **** for big tracks. the lxr you can do just about any track or jump with afew adjustments. lxr is just a smaller 250f imo. was so easy going off a 250f onto my lxr i was suprized.
A guy i know rode a braaap (same bike as the ycf just the aus version) and he said he couldn't ride it was too low in the front for him. he perfered the lxr so he raced it in vegas instead
everyone thats gone from non linkage bikes to linkage bikes have said its so much easier to ride and so much more traction and have been alot faster on there new linkage bike.

Harry do you know what the current YCF factory pilot actually is? It's the 190 with new chassis.

So what if one guy said he couldn't ride it. A poor tradesman always blames their tools.

didnt know of the new frame thought just the daytona was new, eh im wrong
just going off what i've heard from alot of people

all good bro. The new chassis still is not a linkage frame, but I think the 190 will overcome that and still keep ya smiling

Jansson, as you are in Sweden, go the EU bike, get the YCF

I wonder if this is the reason I find it hard to stand on mine? Hmmmm, sounds like i need a fang on your LXR Harry, you know, to compare

Better come Frankston Sunday mate

The standing is once again an age thing Phil, hehe. I think you will find that your more a quad bloke due to your balance. And Harry would never let you on his sponsored bike. Damn my conscience is killing me right now. I'm Soz Phil but you left yourself open there, we still mates??

quad bike? wtf is that? But on normal bikes I can stand, just not on my stupid medium size. Hell back in the day I was a C grade 250 rider, hahaha

Except for the engine? prob getting an 190 for either bike. I got an (two) lxr and just wonder how the suspension and chassi is on the ycf.. Not sure if worth uppgrade suspension on my lxr or just get an ycf. Getting an ycf factory pillot wont cost me much more than getting suspension for my lxr..

No point having a 190 in a bike with no linkage.

You can have all the power in the world but you need to efficiently get it to the ground.

No point having a 190 in a bike with no linkage.

You can have all the power in the world but you need to efficiently get it to the ground.

Why would you say that?

Number #1 Vegas
Number 1 and 2 - Tassie series
Ive personally ridden one, animalllllll

Linkage = more parts to stuff up, which EVERY single linkage bike i have seen ahs seized their bearings or popped the bolts out. Less parts, less downtime

the YCF190 is a good bike

I'll ride anything with wheels don't really care what it is.. If it feels good to sit on I'm down for jumping it... I mean comon I rode a Atomik to victor last season!!

Why would you say that?

Number #1 Vegas
Number 1 and 2 - Tassie series
Ive personally ridden one, animalllllll

Linkage = more parts to stuff up, which EVERY single linkage bike i have seen ahs seized their bearings or popped the bolts out. Less parts, less downtime

the YCF190 is a good bike

I'm not saying it's not a good bike. But not having linkage makes the bike outdated from the get go. It's like not having fuel injection on a 250f now days.

If you do your maintenance you won't have problems with the linkage. I have an 09 LXR and still haven't had to change the linkage bearings.

Ktm didn't have the linkage for a while but it's was still a good bike
Also ycf finished 2nd of french and the first was a bucci,both didn't have the linkage!!!

I don't say the lxr is not a great bike but the ycf 2012 is a really good

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BUCCI

Last edited:
looks like most of the money is going towards the BLING! How do they compare in price?
The frame looks a bit flimsy to me but hard to tell with the fuel tank on.

6-7 grand Australian for a bucci moto. then to have it shipped down here would be even more.
i'd love to have one but not at that price

The picture I post is the ycf factory pilot from the team mini107(YCF FactoryPilot #241 | Mini107) who finish 2nd of the french national championship the stock it like that

New Daytona Anima engine
New frame
Aluminium rear part frame
New geometry
330mm ElkA shock absorber
ENGI fork
Air box

And no worries about the frame, I didn't hear any complain about this.
a video where you can see where they ride with it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBnax9ketHk

For the price in France it's about 2 799.00 ***8364; (around 3 614 AUD) for th ycf and 2 490.00 ***8364; (around 3 215 AUD) for a LXR but whitout the Anima for the pitsterpro who come with a 150 yx 2 valves

Latest posts

Back