Yo, Mechanic Help Please

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jammo

Reaction score
Hey Guys !
buying a 50 for $600. 09 model, pro taper bar kit..
Needs a new tranny, located one for $90.. just an OEM one..
How much you presume labour will be to put it in? and possibly an kitaco HD clutch..
like can you give me quotes for both..?

cheers lads

Thats Worth it..
only 160 for a new tranny..
bike 600+160
09 model, i could sell stock for about 1500 with bar kit..
So im still making profit either way..

Maybe speak to your mechanic first as their labour costs might be higher

Yeah don't underestimate it. I've done that before with my old raptor quad because it needed a new tranny.. not cheap. Just see how much labor is before you proceed to buy it.

dont be lazy get the parts and do it your self

it's no super hard if you have a bit of know how

there's some good pulldown threads on here and whats the worst that can happen you will have done half the mechanics job for him

yeah i watched some videos... seems not too hard.. only thing that scares me is splitting the cases

it has a shock too, i could get 1500.. the point is.. i will get more than i paid for it, IF I CHOOSE TO SELL
im thinking of making a build.. this will be my build thread...
just wondering if its worth it...

If you know you will get more than $1500 for it im sure your smart enough to work out if its worth it. Seems like a question only you can answer.

^^ excellent answer.. but i wont be selling it, i will be riding until i am over it then selling it

Hey Guys !
buying a 50 for $600. 09 model, pro taper bar kit..
Needs a new tranny, located one for $90.. just an OEM one..
How much you presume labour will be to put it in? and possibly an kitaco HD clutch..
like can you give me quotes for both..?

cheers lads

Buy a factory service manual for like $20-40 and do it yourself. These little engines are so easy to work on.. Very few tools are needed and even if you need to purchase a few like the clutch nut socket, torque wrench, ect ect you will still be ahead $ wise and you'll have some new tools!!

Latest posts

Back