Your Big Bikes!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice knee down shot. Is that turn 4 at PI?

If only I could find someone who is smart enough to use a fucking camera to get a decent pic of me.

Yep, Turn 4. One of my fav action pics of me that I've got.

The photo was actually taken by SDpics who do all of the PI trackday photography. All my mates are useless with a camera as well.

Done PI a few times myself. Awesome track. Sends a shiver up my spine each time I round Lukey Heights then grab the anchors for turn 10. Can't see a damn thing, then its "oh shit hairpin". LOL

Turn 1 is exciting stuff. They're not kidding when they say don't use brakes.

What can you lap it in? Be honest. I haven't tackled it with the GSXR yet, but I did an almost flat 2 minute - 2m00.8s run on the Aprilia RS250. And I did that some 6 months ago. Like to know what I can do now. My mate reckons I should see 1m45s or thereabouts. I'd like ot think so ... only one way to know for sure. Its on the cards to do it again in Nov/Dec.

Last edited:
Ktm 450

Here's a pic of my 450sx '04

let me know what u think. cheers

Attachments

• IMG003.JPG
    IMG003.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 36
50nuts your bikes awesome dude! Look after it :D

thats sick...there all sick i love the 06 is nuts RM...how do you guys afford big bikes...at the moment i can only dream lol! ahh maybe one day ill havce my dream bike..a crf250r! love the twin pipe :) and Hondas are my favourite!

Me and geezus are so poor :( Someone donate us a real bike :D

yeah sounds good...just give me the crf250r and ill be happy...maybe chuck in a cr150r on the side to have a muck around on :)
i mite be able to get a newish bike in a couple of years (maybe an 06) model by then if i save and sell a few things!

4-5 yrs time ..im aiming for a cr500..or some 2banger over 400cc.. sweet fun:D

Done PI a few times myself. Awesome track. Sends a shiver up my spine each time I round Lukey Heights then grab the anchors for turn 10. Can't see a damn thing, then its "oh shit hairpin". LOL

Turn 1 is exciting stuff. They're not kidding when they say don't use brakes.

What can you lap it in? Be honest. I haven't tackled it with the GSXR yet, but I did an almost flat 2 minute - 2m00.8s run on the Aprilia RS250. And I did that some 6 months ago. Like to know what I can do now. My mate reckons I should see 1m45s or thereabouts. I'd like ot think so ... only one way to know for sure. Its on the cards to do it again in Nov/Dec.

Yep, Phillip Island is my fav track for sure. Does'nt matter how many times you've been there, first session of the day you're always thinking `holy crap is this place fast or what!!!'. Knocking it back to fifth and running into turn one without touching the brakes at 250-260 is the biggest thing to get your head around.

I hav'nt been there for almost 12 months now, with work getting in the road of me having fun, but I lap in the 1.50 range on the 600 +or- 2 seconds depending on lap traffic.

Who knows..... might see you there one day!

You're not kidding! Always reminding myself on the entry to turn 1 "NO BRAKES!". Drop to 5th, turn, dip, and pray! LOL

My buddy can do it in 1m47s and I'm quicker than him around Mallala, so we estimate upon setting up the GSXR properly for PI, I should do 1m50s easy with 1m45s by the end of the day with the right setup, and gaining confidence.

I'll give you a nudge when I'm booked in for a day there again.

:)

I love Mallala because its a challenging track on the brakes, with a few upsetting bumps into some turns. If you know the right lines and have balls to open her up to over 220kph around turn 4, and brake hard and late (when you see God), then you can fly right past most riders. The RS250 taught me how to outbrake and get under riders into turns. The GSXR now gives me more speed to make those moves. LOL

A guy on a 2005 GSXR 1000 tried to challenge me on my 2002 GSXR 600 race bike a few months ago. He was slow around turn 4 (about 160kph) and I had the line and flashed past him at 220kph and pulled a large gap. But he was desprate to beat my little 600 and accelerated into the hairpin to catch me, when I was hard under brakes. Of course, he shot right off track in a spectacular crash.

My 07 KX450F, Its up for sale due to injury. taking a year off.
Picture011.jpg

Sorry to hear about the injury. Looks like a spanking clean bike. Has it even been ridden?

:)

I have a spare set of plastics I ran when iam practicing so the standard plastics are like new. Its done about 2 months work. $9250 ono. It is in very good condition and has been serviced.

Nice knee down shot. Is that turn 4 at PI?

If only I could find someone who is smart enough to use a fucking camera to get a decent pic of me.

i have done a little bit of photography at mallala for the drifting but havent been out for a while watchign the bikes would be sweet my dad would love it. he used to race nortans in england back in the day.

Latest posts

Back