your worst motorcycle accident !!!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ranga

Reaction score
hay all seeing the search function is not working i did not know if this thread has been posted before...

what was your worst bike accident ???
i think i might take the cake......

i was 14 ridding a cr250 at menai (sydney south) i was a pretty good rider and had no fear.... but there was this one massive double jump that i could not bring myself to do.....

one day my old man gave me the courage and i hit this double pretty hard and fast.

well i over jumped the jump and landed on flat ground...

my head (was wearing a helment) came down and smashed the handlebars splitting my FOX helmet wide open....

and thats all i remember....

3 weeks later i wake up in hospital with...
a smashed hip (in half)
both legs
a knee
rh foot
both collor bone
lower back
4 ribs
lh forearm
rh elbow
4 fingers
and my rh shoulder blade..

the doctors said i would never walk again... i was shatted...i was in hospital in traction for 3 months and i was in a wheel chair for 8 months and had no feeling in legs... it took me 2yrs to get back up and walking again.
now ridding pitpro,yz80,suzuki bouelvar m109 (1.8L)

Last edited by a moderator:
ranga, that was a bad accident!
farr out
sounds incrediable that ur even walking but now ur riding again, that good.
have fun man, but keep safe!

yeh i am walking now forever with a really bad limp...

i could no longer play football/soccer etc so all turned back to motorcycles....

parents think i am mad but they are in my blood...

i am 22 now and still remember the handle bars coming towards me...

owwch ranga that would kill but you would know that lol.
umm not bad injury to me but i was at rover park 2 weeks ago (a dirt bike park) done a jump came down snapped my swingarm at the weld on both sides put dint in me muffle cracked the timing cover broke rear guard only small chunk of skin gone on me lol so im getting a bigger bike lol thats y mynes up for part out;)

Still you were able to motivate yourself enough to walk again thats courage bro especially when they told ya you wouldnt walk again.....talk about inspirational !!!! And your back on the bike again thats sick !! bet your old man wishes that day never happened !

nah not really hay seeing he still rides with me :) thinking of buying an R1 :)

boomers- ouch still would have scared ya

Thats awesome !! only injury ive had was stacked on a whoop section and took all the skin off the top of my back/shoulders......was on my stomach for a week it hurt bad !!!

search engine

hay all seeing the search function is not working i did not know if this thread has been posted before...

search does work just open it in a new 'tab' / 'page' (ALERT MOD TO FIX):confused:

btw my worst accident was 2 weeks ago !;)

while riding @ menai, we were having a big puddle crossing competition(to get the lead),
after going through a deep 1, my mate & I stopped .
We stopped then were comparing the mud damage on us & our bikes ( he won :mad:)
however he took the lead(the person in front often covers the following person in crap) and i tried to follow .
failing changing gears I look down to see that the selector peg has been bent under the bike (therefore cant reach to change gears).
My mate then simultaneously stops as Im looking down , and I went straight into the side of him ! he was stopped and I was moving ,but him being about 120Kg and me 85Kg I bounced off him and my bike came down ontop of me ! the worst part is the massive burn , nearly to the bone , I have to my leg (you know the spot - right leg halfway up shin) its been just over 2 weeks & im still bleeding ..... photos to come !!!:eek:

my worst was when i liked BMX i ripped about 5-7layers of skin off my RH forearm, but not to long ago bout a month i highsided myself flew through the air about five meters and landed on my gut and winded myself. im lucky when it comes to crashing.

ranga: mate your a bloody tuff bugger, never heard of something that bad before.

um, running my postie into the rerar end of some indian doing an illegal uturn on NEW YEARS DAY!!!!!

but i only smashed up my ankle....

lucky...yours sounds...bloody nasty:eek:

yeah ranga i know how you feel lol

ive been on life support for several months etc
and have a metal plate in my head
i also was in a wheel chair for 5 months and crutches
too as i snapped my ankle off my leg... still didnt stop
me going to europe and get blessed by the pope :p

dude. that is no good at all. you woke up in hospital 3 weeks later. thats crazy. i definately dont beat you. Ive done nothing yet. that wouldve been crazy. you broke nearly every friggin bone in your body. like short.y said. lucky your still walking if not alive. be safe man. no good at all

Broke my spine parachuting ... so I know about traction and the learning to walk thing ...dark days indeed

but you take the cake bruz

whoops meant to give you cred but took it instead ..... can't change it :eek:

I know what it takes to come back from a broken back .... not just the body but the mind .The first ride back FEAR .... thankfully is something most will never deal with :cool:

So hit him with some positive credit points crew ..... this man deserves it ... he rolls the dice every time he rides :cool:

cheers mate...

nothing will stop me ridding...

i had to go to the speicalist yesterday to see how it is all going .... and BAD NEWS :(

thats how i thought of this post...

looks like a need new hip replacement again in 7 months time and $30 grands worth ..

Latest posts

Back