your worst motorcycle accident !!!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
havn't read through all the pages, but that first post was a bad one :eek:

mine was only a month and a half ago, decided to ride my 85 down to the corner store and get some lunch, nearly got home but then I seen a fire trail I hadn't been down before.. so I followed that for about 5 minutes and it came to a grass downhill, then sloped back up to the road at the end. so I of course start winding through the gears, but being grass, a 3m deep drainage ditch at the bottom of the hill blended in, and couldn't see it til I was already there... :rolleyes:

luckily I was going fast enough to clear the concrete, but not fast enough to clear the grass slope just above that (like landing into a wall). thankfully I only remember seeing the ditch then bits and pieces of emergency - wasn't really with it until 2 or 3 days later.
also pretty lucky that the trail runs along behind some houses, otherwise who knows how long I would of been laying there? one bloke apparently heard my bike coming, then over the top of his back fence seen me get propelled another 20m down - minus the bike, landing in a black ants nest conveniently aha.

broke both arms in the same spot, close to the wrist, put 3 good cracks in my pelvis, and the scariest part was remembering a doctor waking me up in emergency to tell me my right nut had escaped and it needed stitching :eek: spent a month bed rest in gc hospital, but I'm finally home on a forearm support frame for a few more weeks, before I have to go try catch up at school to pass year 12...

- in the pic that's the direction I was heading, can see the nice rut I made on the other side. pic makes it looker smaller than it really is as well.

l_17d9a6eb70744994baa3c8ec9583073a.jpg

havn't read through all the pages, but that first post was a bad one :eek:

mine was only a month and a half ago, decided to ride my 85 down to the corner store and get some lunch, nearly got home but then I seen a fire trail I hadn't been down before.. so I followed that for about 5 minutes and it came to a grass downhill, then sloped back up to the road at the end. so I of course start winding through the gears, but being grass, a 3m deep drainage ditch at the bottom of the hill blended in, and couldn't see it til I was already there... :rolleyes:

luckily I was going fast enough to clear the concrete, but not fast enough to clear the grass slope just above that (like landing into a wall). thankfully I only remember seeing the ditch then bits and pieces of emergency - wasn't really with it until 2 or 3 days later.
also pretty lucky that the trail runs along behind some houses, otherwise who knows how long I would of been laying there? one bloke apparently heard my bike coming, then over the top of his back fence seen me get propelled another 20m down - minus the bike, landing in a black ants nest conveniently aha.

broke both arms in the same spot, close to the wrist, put 3 good cracks in my pelvis, and the scariest part was remembering a doctor waking me up in emergency to tell me my right nut had escaped and it needed stitching :eek: spent a month bed rest in gc hospital, but I'm finally home on a forearm support frame for a few more weeks, before I have to go try catch up at school to pass year 12...

- in the pic that's the direction I was heading, can see the nice rut I made on the other side. pic makes it looker smaller than it really is as well.

l_17d9a6eb70744994baa3c8ec9583073a.jpg

Thats pretty hardcore mate, dont ya just hate how stuff like ditches,rocks etc just appear outa no where

na trees move a swear lol ive hit 2 in like 2yrs and both times i got axed :(

My worst crash is nothing compared to some of you guys.
I think i got of lightly.
My crash was on a pitpro 125 racing motard at archerfield. I was in forth gear flat out and the nut on top of the triple clamps came off then the second i down shifted for the corner the lower triple clamp slid down causing the front wheel to instantly lock up throwing me strait over the handle bars. All i really know is that the bars got me good in the ribs and while i was skidding down the track the bike landed on my back.
My only injuries where bruising around my ribs stomach and knees, and my knees where bleeding through the leather suit. Though its been 3 weeks and my left knee is still swelled up.

P220509_2335.jpg

although ive only had my own bike for the past two years, ive been riding since i was 5 (now 17). i have got off pretty lightly each time. only had three stacks. first was wen i was about 6 riding my uncles farm quad i turned from the orchard onto the driveway and didnt look and got hit by a tractor, tractors front wheel hit my left front wheel and crushed the front of the bike, while i fell off narrowly missing getting run over by the other tyre. then when i first got my two wheeler i was on soft/medium sand in 4th pinned, then decided to use my front brake which caused front wheel to turn and lockup in the sand throwing me off, smacking my helmet on a massive rock, braking the helmet and slicing my leg on the foot peg. lastly i rode to close to an old wire fence at my mates farm and managed to get my jeans hooked on some barb wire that was lying on the floor with the end sticking up, then once it hooked riding about 10 meters before it tensioned up and pulled me by the leg off my bike.

Well seeing as just about every member on this forum has stacked it, I think I'm going to be much more careful from now on.. I've been lucky so far.. I'm not gonna count on luck!

one time i was riden threw long grass on me old yz125 just hit powerband in 4th gear then bang i was in a front flip landed on my head and looked foward to see the bike come out of the front flip 1 metre in front of me bounce then stall and the clutch perch snapped and i was 1km from home scared the hell out of me luckly came out of it with bruised tail bone and swolen wrist

bout 3yrs ago hit jump 3rd pinned bdv big bike track on mini , knocked out! 7 broken bones in my left foot and gash in my leg.also yrs ago doubling a mate he had no helmet or shoes only shorts and t-shirt and hit kangaroo and also K.Oed with broken finger and lots of skin missing, he didnt hav a sratch on him and so how got me on bike and back home with no clutch lever and me out to it.
And has been a few others over the 25 odd yrs of riding bikes:)

Well I had a huge one on my Kawasaki ZZR-1100. It was back in 1984. We were moving from Townsville to Darwin. My parents,brother and sister were in a Chrysler CJ towing a 18ft caravan.It was about 2 o'clock in the morning coming out of Pentland in North West Queensland. I was about 200 metres behind them on my bike when the car went over a dry creekbed bridge. Next thing I know there is this huge bloody skippy in front of me on the bridge. I didn't see it come from anywhere it was like the bastard just dropped from the sky. I hit it head on. I was doing 100km/h. I was thrown over the bars, my thighs ripped the clip-ons off and I landed straight on my head. The helmet cracked in the middle and broke both my collarbones. The handlebars broke my pelvis and ruptured my spleen. I broke 4 ribs on the LHS and 3 on the RHS. Left ankle broken and both wrists. The front wheel of the bike when it bent back was level with the rear on the LHS. Free chooper ride to Townsville and as far as I know the bike is still out there. Insurance paid out on the bike. 5 months in TGH and another 3 in physio. So I guess this can be clarified as a big stack. Only thing I have now after all these years is slight nerve damage in the RHS of my neck which makes me twitch occassionally. Seems like a pin is getting pricked in to my neck.

Latest posts

Back