• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Miniriders and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

yx 140/150 top right oil pump cover

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zwebx

Reaction score
not sure if it is the oil pump cover, but anyway i have stripped my threads on my one
if you dont get what i mean i will post a pic

Try tiny bit longer bolts, it might grab. I changed every bolt on my engine to cap screws for the exact reason

nah, its the banjo bolt that i stripped :) dad might have a helicoil to fit it so i might have to do that

oh, yeah try the helicoil and permatex the crap outta it

i think Brendo did the same thing, think it was on his 150 ?

the Champion thread repair kits are good too,
they have less chance leaking due to being a solid thing, not a coiled insert.
cost about $12 for 2 new thread inserts

i would use some loctite to hold it/them into the cover, and then just carefully file/grind it back flush with the outside of the cover when done.
it may be worth drilling and tapping out the other thread too while you are at it.
you get 2 or 3 inserts in a pack.
i found them at Sprint Auto here in SA, but i think Repco, Bursons may keep them too? and also some Bearing shops stock the kits too, they're available in a heap of different size threads, and pitches...

here is the 'thread repair' thread i made a while ago too,
http://www.miniriders.com/general-ch...eavy-post.html

Spot on Craig, yeah mate I stripped the oil feed hole on my yx150 and used the thread inserts.
Do exactly what he said, have a look how deep the thread can go in, from memory I drilled a tad deeper to get as much thread in there and then just cut and file flat, defiantly use some permatex to hold it and try to bottom it out if you can just make sure that when you drill it out and tap the insert in you put it in dead straight because being a banjo fitting if its out of whack at all you'll have problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back