YX 140 camshaft upgrade

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi mate,
I have heard the Z40 Cam isnt that great...
Try looking on AKUNAR MOTORCYCLE PARTS & ACCESSORIES THAILAND
They have several different cams to suit the yx140, give them an email and ask what cam is best for you, To suit your riding style. they have different lift capabilities and different grinds. so some or more snappy, more torquey etc, you need to work out which one you will want. Also can come with stiffer HD valve springs.

While your at it, they also sell high compression pistons (56mm) goes straight in with no modification and is very cheap at $30. Make sure you order the correct one.

Also they have stiffer clutch springs etc if you wanted to go down that path as well...

Cheers,
Sam93.

The Z40 has roughly 238 degrees duration at 1mm lift.
TB300 has roughly 230 degrees at 1mm lift.
Both have total lift slightly higher than stock.
Stock springs WILL float with either grind.
TB is more suited to overall MX/trail/street while Z40 likes more compression and an aggressive riding style.
I just installed a Takegawa 20-grind R-stage +D cam in a Lifan BVH, the same basic setup you have. I'm waiting to hear how it runs.

Actually the Z40 cam is really good. Terry just did a head for me" Installed bigger valves" in a Lifan big valve head. Nice job jackass! and put in the Tak decomp cam. It will be a few weeks for a ride report. Ill be sure to let you guys know how the cam works.

Welcome aboard, ya cantankerous prick! Quit screwing around with that raggedy dinger and put yer kid's bike together:boink:

i have just bought an xy 140 motor from just ride with the z40 cam, cam sprocket and valve springs. should have it going within a week. i will let you know how it goes

Thanks guys, any feedback on cams for the YX 140cc will be appreciated.

Latest posts

Back