Yx 140 oil leak??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deacon fmxer

Reaction score
I got a leak coming from a bolt in between the oil cooler line that run on the the motor any one know what that bolt is for and is the common with yx 140???

Should I use copper washers on it??

It Dusent look like a banjo bolt tho. It's a Crome bolt. It's not the oil cooler lines it's in between them

that's the cam cover bolt and it doesn't need a copper washer.... needs a washer tho
I dunno why it would leak I never seen that before...

you can take it out.... it just holds the cam cover on the other side of the head.... don't over tighten it tho or you'll destroy the cam cover

Okay thanks rip for clearing that up. I was thinking its the bolt that connects the oil cooler lines to the engine..

if its coming out from where dvdrip says then originally it would of had an alloy washer..
i would be putting one back on or replacing the existing one because to get it to seal without it means you have to do the bolt up really tight and run the chance of smashing/cracking the cam cover...

also to explain why its leaking, the center of the cam is pressurized with oil..

Ok thanks the owner before might have tightened it up too tight :/ thread might be stuffed now I suppose.

Latest posts

Back