YX 150 E-Start Engine

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikkiq

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Hope you can help. I'm looking for a schematics wiring diagram for the above engine? I'm struggling to find a spark, and just think I've maybe wired it up wrong?

Would really appreciate anyone that has wired one up to maybe send over a sketch of the wiring, also what reg/rec they used?

I've seen the one on the DHZ website, but its very vague.

Cheers

Welcome to Minirider's

First thing to do is go to this thread and Introduce Yourself
http://www.miniriders.com/general-chat/20824-introduce-yourself.html

Here is a wiring diagram for an electric start pit bike

5_wire_Lifan_Wiring_041605_HI.jpg

The wiring from your stator, does it have a Yellow and a white wire, or 2x yellow wire's
This ^ will tell us what regulator/rectifier you need to charge your battery

Cheer's, Craig

Hi,

I will introduce myself, sorry

It has 2 solid yellow wires?

Cheers

It has

1 green wire, 1 blue/white, 2 yellows from the stator. No black red. Cheers

It's an AC system, you need the regulator/rectifier to convert it to DC to charge a battery and run lighting.

On the right side of this picture, you'll see the cdi, their wiring diagram clearly show's the black w/red wire here (they labeled it red w/black)-
http://www.dhz.com.au/assets/brochures/EN-03.pdf

Hi,

I understand that, but on the diagram it does not show a black/red from the stator and the loom picture is not showing what colors connect into each other. I just need a diagram with these wires connecting in to the correct colours.?

Black w/red connects to black w/red
Blue w/white connects to blue w/white
Green connects to green.
Yellow's connets to yellow's

Green w/red connects to green w/red, but most if the time this wire isn't used and can just be taped back to the stator loom.

Hi

Thanks for the response. I understand the above, I have worked with these engines for years. Just not the e-start one.

The problem is the engine turns over on the starter motor when you hit the switch. But no spark. So im trying to do an elimination of process on it. Could it be the wrong reg/rec? or something?

Cheers

What make/model bike do you have, and what loom are you using ?
The regulator/rectifier will only affect the charging/lighting

Post up some pic's of the bike, and the main wiring harness, any left over plug's/socket's ?.
Is there any wiring running up to a switch under your front brake lever ?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back