Yx 160 questions

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snaptrax

Miniriders.com Sponsored Rider & Master Spanner Sp
Reaction score
Hey guys

Well as some of you will know i have decided to sell my Motovert(someone buy it please) and am looking at the Lxr or a motovert. Although i have a 160cc Atomik nitrous mid-size that i swapped a while back for another bike.

Im in two minds at the moment whether to stick with the nitrous or sell it and buy a linkage. So i know i can rely on you guys to give me a hand.

Also is it possible to put one of these kits on a 160 yx is it a bolt on fit. I have looked around but cant find anything on them.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/YX-GPX-1..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item230cc96bf7&_uhb=1

Cheers Zach

i personally would not go with that 4v head. i have heard they are quite restrictive, a v2 is much better in flow and quality.
as for the nitrous or the linkage, obviously the motovert/pisterpro will be much better quality than your nitrous. but the nitrous isnt exactly bad. if your going to be doing some jumping/racing, etc, the linkage would be much better. it'll keep the wheel planted to the ground more, and be less likely to bottom out on the jumps. but it all comes down to money, and what kind off bike you are after.

Hmmm alrighty then. Il have a look around. I have been trying to save to buy sikkos bike. But having my Yz start sucking coolant wasnt nice on my wallet. So we will see if some one would buy my bike, Yea that would be great.
Cheers for the advice guys. I might put a normal piston in it and sell it. People might be a tad more enticed buy a cheaper bike.

The china 4 valve you linked is quite good performance wise but is really high compression and a decomp is needed, you will sheer the kicker gear clean off leaving you with a massive headache, the fact that the china 4 valve rockers are only adjustable by shimming it is a very noisy unit and rattles really bad(loose rocker rattle I mean, like on a 2 valve). But if you did go this way the 4 valve is way better than the stock 2 valve setup, but id def go the v2 mate.

1 x 28 and 23 polished valves.. 1 size up from stock..
or buy tb head with larger 30mm Intake Valve

24.5mm Exhaust Valve, stainless steel

And roller rockers for a similar price..
then tell me what one preforms better.. but tbh there is no real improvement in power untill you increase cc's if you wanted to stay stock bore maybe a port and polish and rollerrockers along with suitable cam would do the job..
my tb head 155 has more punch than before but for the money when staying stock bore its cheaper to modify a stock head

Or 440 for a head that everyone knows there are pistons made for (along with cams) and a high comp piston..

worth the extra 70 (free postage too from dhz)

Or 440 for a head that everyone knows there are pistons made for (along with cams) and a high comp piston..

worth the extra 70 (free postage too from dhz)

you shutuppa your face, i wanna see what the OORacing one is like LOL

You got a good point about the pistons though.

yeah some wild combinations there too.. then you have to get a piston modified for it or attempt a diy for it
EVERY REBUILD

I will forget I read this timeeh lmfao.

Yes please.... :p Not my brightest moment, tis strange the way they have them situated flush/parllel with the with the inlet/exhaust port though, havn't seen another mini motor with the same congfig, all the rest have them on an angle (that i've seen)

Latest posts

Back