yx 160

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hman

Reaction score
hi guys, i have a yx160 new model, the power is very savage and i get a lot of wheel spin and the bike stalls too easy when braking for a corner. if i put a standard stator and flywheel do i need to put a heavyer oil slinger as well? i am hoping this will smooth out the power delivery. am i heading down the rite track?

put an outer rotor kit on it and the slinger should be fine. or retard the timing a little on it now and wind the idle up a little...

stalling when coming to a corner can be carb setup too

thanks mate. the carb is spot on. its when i trail the brake it stalls way too easy, not enough fly wheel. i hope this will fix it and make it alot more rideable and much better drive out of corners and not so much wheelspin.

yeh i think normally you would put a heavier flywheel on to smooth the power.
cant say ive seen this avalible on pittys.

yer there are three types on rotors you can use: bone stock very heavy and large, outer rotor kit medium size and weight but has adjustable timing and then theres IRK also known as inner rotor kit which is very light and small also has adjustable timing.

what carby are you running on the bike?

what type throttle are running?

if your using a 1/4 or 1/8 turn throttle try using a 1/2 turn throttle as it takes longer to fully roll on so there fore acts like it smooths it out

yep go the ORK, has a bit of weight to it compared to an IRK, and I think it has semi digital ignition curve and adjustable timing

thanks for your help people, i have it all sorted and it rides sweet. idles heaps better, easyer to start and is hard to stall and stills revs up pretty quick but a lot more ridable.

thanks for your help people, i have it all sorted and it rides sweet. idles heaps better, easyer to start and is hard to stall and stills revs up pretty quick but a lot more ridable.

so what did you end up doing?

put in a standard stator and fly wheel with high rev cdi, i found the ork was still too light. a few of my mates had ridden it before and all stalled too easy but this has solved the problem.

Latest posts

Back