yx 196cc, OKO 28mm..which needle????

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sean01

Legend Spanner Spinner
Reaction score
hi, just wondering if any of you have any recommendations as to which needle i should run in a yx 196cc with a 28mm OKO... iv seen the JJH and JJG's used but they were for smaller engines.
so just wondering which you recon would be better...

having trouble tuning off idle to 1/2 stick... its got a wicked hesitation and with the needle thats in it now, if you raise or lower the needle it just moves the hesitation.

pilots seems fine..around 1 1/4 turns but it took alot to get it there... pretty sure its got la 58 pilot jet in it....
going from that does anyone think the mixture circuit could be restricted?

the info i need is probly on here somewhere but i thought if i start a thread of my own it would give me answers for my problem...not a bunch of mixed problems in one thread

cheers

thump140 would be the man who can answer this one.
a 58pilot sounds way too rich do you know if the 28mm uses the same jets as the 26mm? I run a 38 in my 26mm

just remember guys that it pulls way more vacuum than a 140/150..

if i go a 38/40/42 it will only idle with the mixture screwed right in..

and also the main reason i asked about needles is because it has a china needle in it now and im looking at changing it to a genuine keihin needle.

true but wat air intake sistem u got the worst thing is when u cum outa a burrm an acsell hard and bogg down
lve got a 30mm carby with a 72 jet and it boggs sumtimes with olld fule

oh and sorry but no idea if its the same as the 26mm, but im guessing it is cause the pilots i use are genuine from a kwaka dealer

true but wat air intake sistem u got the worst thing is when u cum outa a burrm an acsell hard and bogg down
lve got a 30mm carby with a 72 jet and it boggs sumtimes with olld fule

what size engine do you have, and what brand carb...

it sounds like your over carbed and under jetted

the 196cc runs a 138 mainjet too (short round keihin jets)

mnuki 140 its on but the 140 is zhonsten and ive pimped it fair good she pops weelys in 3 if u r in the top torque and rev range when u throtle it

not 25 and ive chaged the float a bit higther and i notesed affter howers of tessting it gives me more throtle responce

Im running an oko 28 d/slide on my 177z/V2 head.

My jetting is
40 pilot
110 main
stock needle - clip one from the bottom
air screw 2 turns out

Runs hard through out the revs with no hesitation.

whell its rilly werd caues it will bog if you dooing like 400 reves n throtle it but when u get about 5000-7000 revs it has a little bit of a fule flow sistem like it is combusting in the craby or summping but im not shore she goes best at 3200 revs all you can heair is the power stroke and the dirt landing on your hellmet but it starts to dip at about 4300 revs

not 25 and ive chaged the float a bit higther and i notesed affter howers of tessting it gives me more throtle responce

you really need to re-read before pressing post, half of your posts make no sense at all.
and your carby is a 25mm, aussie sellers like to tell you it's a 30mm but that's just what it measures at the end of the venturi

lol... going from that fine description. your carby is way out of tune....hmm and i think your spelling is too..lol

mate i bored it myselly by wellding and then reducing the sise back to 25mm on the manifold

Latest posts

Back