yx clutch slipping

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Possum

Reaction score
hi all,
..... i have a yx gpx 160 with a bit of work done to it and the clutch slips. im wondering if anyone has put an extra stock plate (1x organic 1x steel) in which will make it a 6 plate clutch pack in a stock basket?
I have seen a heavy duty EBC kit on ebay for $100 are these a good set up?
I use it for motard and run motul 1000 mineral oil any help would be good thanks

I believe there are genuine honda fibre plates that will fit, not sure what bike they come out of though. You can try stiffer springs, I use a set of shortened yz250 springs in one of my bikes. I cut them so they're about 5mm longer than the chinga springs, and they work great.

ebay clutches are ****.

EBC clutches are a very well known brand... sht even hillz sells them, and i just put a set in a ktm125 for a guy...

maybe you should backup your ever so useless post with information regarding your thoughts on them...

or are you just one of these cut kids tht got ripped off from an ebay seller and now everything is sht on ebay...

EBC clutches are a very well known brand... sht even hillz sells them, and i just put a set in a ktm125 for a guy...

maybe you should backup your ever so useless post with information regarding your thoughts on them...

or are you just one of these cut kids tht got ripped off from an ebay seller and now everything is sht on ebay...

its called an opinion, maybe you should double check who your calling a kid, old man

ebay clutches are ****.

EBC is a well known brand worldwide and I would trust them in any of my bikes, you say Ebay clutches are crap, but you do know that "ebay" is not a brand? just because there is a lot of junk sold on ebay don't mean that everything listed there is crap.

I've bought a Full FmF exhaust system for my XR650R from ebay, does that mean it's a crap system just because I bought it through Ebay? are stock honda parts crap because it's sold through Ebay?

think before you give advice or else you might be branded an idiot...

I'd say go with an EBC clutch setup, better than stock china stuff and pretty reasonable priced to. you can also rough up your steel-plates (rub them against a rough surface, concrete, sandpaper, etc), this removes glazing and gives a textured surface for the fibreplates to bite on to, I've tried it and it works for me.

Thanks for the info, i will order one and see how it goes and try a 6 plate combo in stock basket with H/D springs

Latest posts

Back