YX/GPX 150 does not fit motovert.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motoluver

Reaction score
Fuck aye this is getting costy... The tranny breather hits the frame
dsc00380d.jpg

Ive fitted a blown Lifan 140 in and it fits no worries and looking at pics of the Lifan 150 it wont have clearance issues. Ill email Ken and see if he will swap motors when he has them in stock.

What sort of Motovert?

I know you can definatly get these motors in somehow.

RX50. Just tried again, i think i see the problem now, its to do with the cradle. Gonna give it go with the hammer. Let ya know how it goes.

Ok heres the problem. Motor fits. Cradle and footpeg mounts do not line up. Pics soon,

Ok cradle is causing problems... Chop chop to cradle??? If there wasnt a massive buldge above the engine mounts it would fit fine with the cradle.

These pics were taken without the footpeg mount what would raise the motor another 5mm or so... Impossible to fit with cradle.

Notice the clearance here (tranny breather buldge to frame)
getattachmentcky.jpg

Heres the problem with the cradle.
dsc00389f.jpg

If I try an put the motor in with head down ass up the tranny breather hits the frame and wont go in any further. If I put it in normal thats what happens in the above pic.

Is it time to get the ol hacksaw our and say goodbye to the cradle???

My old dhz 140 no cradle
img1090x.jpg

the only issue we had getting the yx motor into the vert125 was the width of the rear engine mount after that it just needed a bit of manovering

coolie says: in most cases you will have to move the breather in the case andy at big 50 has done this a few times for a couple of people i know to fit one on my ciniworx i'll have to take a bit out of my motor mounts on that side to make room

the only issue we had getting the yx motor into the vert125 was the width of the rear engine mount after that it just needed a bit of manovering

coolie says: in most cases you will have to move the breather in the case andy at big 50 has done this a few times for a couple of people i know to fit one on my ciniworx i'll have to take a bit out of my motor mounts on that side to make room

Rear engine mount fits fine in frame. Hmmmm dont know what do now. I dont know if cutting the cradle off will help. The tranny breather might still be hitting the frame.

I can swap the yx for a lifan 150... in 8 weeks when they have stock :( Dunno wtf do now...

if cutting the cradle will make it work..... id probably do it? if its gonna be strictly ridden on the road whos gonna need it??

Yeh chop the cradle off , look at the top engine mount. Its notched and really strong looking , just keep the bolts tight.

Are you sure you dont need to loosen off the top mount to get it in correctly? I know with billetware frames you need to do this and I need to loosen off my cat5 cradle on my 50 to get the motor in correctly.

Yehh but I dont know if it will fit even if i chop the cradle off. Engine mounts are already pretty loose, Ill give it one more go.

Looks like im swapping it for a zongshen 140 :(

Nope deffo wont fit without modifying frame or engine casing :( Swapping it for a zongshen 140

I just did the yx160 conversion to my rx 50 on the weekend. I cut the breather out and redrilled it about 15mm to the side. You will also have to grind the little bump down on top. Other than that it just needed some persuasion with the mallet. You could probably notch the frame but it may weaken it so i didn't do it.

You will also need a yx bash plate if you intened to use one and bend up your exaust as yx's have a different exaust port angle.

Yepsss I dont wanna do that and wouldnt have a clue about moving the breather. Just gonna swap it for the zongshen and put a 150 bbk on it eventually.

Crap swap , unless there is cash your way your getting pulled big time. Zhongshen's go alright but lack consistancy in quality. Just relocate the breather or get Andy to do it from Ec50s?

Crap swap , unless there is cash your way your getting pulled big time. Zhongshen's go alright but lack consistancy in quality. Just relocate the breather or get Andy to do it from Ec50s?

Sound like a YX thing then lol. Yeh I would take it in to him but I have no way to get it there. Went in and seen him today to see if he could get me a blue slip without taking the bike in. Im just gonna use the zongshen for a couple of months and upgrade to the Lifan 150. I wanted the Lifan 150 over the YX anyway.

Can't Ken refund your money?
Hopefully you get a decent zhongshen , I got a mate who's got a dhz with one in it. Absolutley hooks and is tuned to perfection from the factory , rides extremely nice. The rest of the bike feels like shit but the motor is 10/10. On the other hand I've got another mate who bought the same bike at the exact same time together and he's runs extremely lean and runs preety slop.

Let me know if you need a lift to drag your bike in , chuck it in the vito and we'll see Andy about it

no way dont swap for a zongshen,the yx150s are known to go real good nd zongshens are known to be shitt,stick to either gpx/yx or lifan...

just spend a little time on the 150 youl regret swapping it soon if you do.

who u swapping it with back to the shop or somthing?

or thort of dinting the frame abit,least then your not cutting pieces of metal out,maybe even heat the frame with blow torch and then hit it a few times with a solid mallet???

Unless i can make a 10mm dent lol. Im sending the motor back tomorrow. The YX is a known problematic motor. Lifan 150 will replace the zongshen when they arrive in australia. I just want to ride it! I go for my L's next week, should have it registered by next week as well. Thanks anyway for your help unit.

Latest posts

Back