YX vs Lifan

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the picture.
They're pretty tech, and i don't understand how to fit them.
I'm a fair bit confused.
I saw them on ebay for around 45-50 dollars.
is there any difference with the brands? they all seem pretty no-name.

There are different brands but they all do the same thing, to install them, its kinda complicated but pretty straight through, you take off your old magneto or IRK (if you got one and wanna new one) i think its a bit of a challenge to get them off but once your done you just follow the instructions that came with it and bolt it on but remember to tighten everything properly etc, wire it in, check it over look for any fuck ups, then once its all good test it!

the video that Jono made is really helpful
YouTube - lighten flywheel for pit bike

If i mucked up thats why i put the video there so you can pretty much copy what jono did.

i was going to get the yx150 but they look shit.. the lifan 150 looks alot beter with the daytona style..

YX150 have more bolt on mods that the lifan 150..

Daytona engines are YX aswell, go to east 50's and see for yourself.:p

There are different brands but they all do the same thing, to install them, its kinda complicated but pretty straight through, you take off your old magneto or IRK (if you got one and wanna new one) i think its a bit of a challenge to get them off but once your done you just follow the instructions that came with it and bolt it on but remember to tighten everything properly etc, wire it in, check it over look for any fuck ups, then once its all good test it!

the video that Jono made is really helpful
YouTube - lighten flywheel for pit bike

If i mucked up thats why i put the video there so you can pretty much copy what jono did.

Thank you for all your help.
I need to decide on what bike i'm going to get before i go making decisions on what mods i'm going to do to it.
This friday I'll have about 1000 to spend.
So all I'm really waiting on is myself.
I just don't want to buy something that's going to be untrustworthy.

shop around , dont be in a hurry . as soon as you spend your money you will find something else and be like dammm wish i waited till i seen that! . always happens to me :)

wait i mucked up, daytona dont have YX i was having a blonde moment soz lol.

shop around , dont be in a hurry . as soon as you spend your money you will find something else and be like dammm wish i waited till i seen that! . always happens to me :)
Haha, yeah. that sucks.
I've been looking at the DHZ 150, Pitpro 140XR and now that Pimpit gunslinger.
Except the gunslinger is a couple hundred out of my price limit.
I'd rather something off the net, due to not having a trailer so i can't really do pick-ups.

if you want just an engine for under a grand you have heaps of choices, i would look around but its a personal choice thing, i want a daytona motor cause of their quality but they are expensive, a Lifan Motor shouldnt cost over a grand so that would be the first place i would look jut don't go out and buy one cause it looks good make sure its good in the power and quality department too!

if you want just an engine for under a grand you have heaps of choices, i would look around but its a personal choice thing, i want a daytona motor cause of their quality but they are expensive, a Lifan Motor shouldnt cost over a grand so that would be the first place i would look jut don't go out and buy one cause it looks good make sure its good in the power and quality department too!

119cc daytona= 3k+? :eek:
lifan 150 daytona style around 500$(new)
YX150 is around the same as the lifan (new)

That's what i'm trying to do.
I don't just want an engine i want the whole bike.

i'm not sure but you wont get a 150cc bike under $1000 well not a decent one

have a look at the vid i just posted it will give you an indication of what the lifan motor is like

good bang for buck there

i'm not sure but you wont get a 150cc bike under $1000 well not a decent one

have a look at the vid i just posted it will give you an indication of what the lifan motor is like

good bang for buck there
I'd rather a 140cc,
They're going for around 1000 on ebay.
maybe a bit under.

pitpro 140xr has the YX140 engine and u can pick that up for around the 700-1000 mark.. there a very fast motor.. depends if your a sissy to use it

Yeah, i've been looking at them, and the DHZ.
I'm not sure what i'll get yet.
I'll ride it sissy until i run it in.

a pitpro XR150 is like $1300 with a lifan 150 at east 50's i was gonna get it then i seen and X4 and i thought "its mine"....

Latest posts

Back