YX vs Lifan

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where's that at?
I'm from bendigo, and dont really have transport to pick up.
I was thinking about just buying off the net.

a pitpro XR150 is like $1300 with a lifan 150 at east 50's i was gonna get it then i seen and X4 and i thought "its mine"....

ah the pitpro 150xr at east50 has the yx150 i belive? as it says gpx on the gear box cover?

Ljfbo, east 50's is in Adelaide but im not sure if he ships around Australia you'll have to call them about that but yer if the Pitpro XR150 has the same engine as mine i insist you think about investing in one of them but its your choice..

Adelaide's a bit fair away.
What's the price for one of those badboys around?

Sick, Thanks.
I might just get a 140cc
It'll be enough for me for the time being. It's just to have some fun on.
Not for anything serious.
But I'm looking into doing some little mods that aren't very expensive or complicated.
Does anyone know any?

i have a pitpro 140xr atm,
i suggest getting a good quality irk and oil slinger and getting the head shaved,
maybe get it ported?

for starters, get a Uni Filter, they're like $25 and are piss easy to do
get a NGK Spark Plug or something like that once you've run it in the plug might be knackered after the run in period.
And change your oil too once its been run in of course!

that's all the cheap mods that i can think of at the moment but there are different things you can do to customize the bike E.G,
Engine Dress Up Kit- Not Overly Complicated

Different Chain/Sprocket setups-Not Overly Complicated

Different Plastics/ Sticker kits-Easy to do

throttle/Lever mods they customize the bike and make it look and perform better.-Not Overly Complicated

Look around if you wanna mod your bike, check out other peoples bikes, see what they done might get u some ideas!

I've looked at the irk kits on ebay, but i don't know how to find a good quality one.
What's "ported"? i'm still new sorry.

I've looked at the irk kits on ebay, but i don't know how to find a good quality one.

lol im not to sure on the tech part of that,maybe 1 of the more experience guys can help (cactus jack?)

it means making the valve ports bigger, and get them polished so that its nice and smooth and big ;) i think

Is your bike ported?
How much does it cost?
It sounds to tech for me.
Hahah.

Some bikes come with an IRK as standard but most IRK's are all the same(they do the same thing)
Sorry but i don't know much about porting but i think it' s just making your intake ports smoother or something???, there is a thread on Miniriders about Porting, check that out it should help.

Is your bike ported?
How much does it cost?
It sounds to tech for me.
Hahah.

not sure how much and no mine isnt ported.. i was going to get it ported polished and bored with a shaved head but i decided to sell the bike

not sure how much and no mine isnt ported.. i was going to get it ported polished and bored with a shaved head but i decided to sell the bike

Did you get a quote on how much it was going to cost?
What bike did you have?

its a pitpro 140xr and it was $100 to get the head shaved and the bent valve fixed, porting and polish isnt real cheap maybe around the 150$ mark im guessing

yeh agree with motoxxx. get the bike first see how the bike goes and then when you want a bit more power start looking into all the mods. i doubt very much you will be able to do the porting and polishing urself unless you have a lathe. so i wouldnt even worry about it unless your going to put a couple hundred dollars into the motor. first mods are what the guys have said. ngk plug, oil, uni filter and then if you want it to rev harder and irk or cdi rev box.

ok for you guys who no the yx from the lifan which is the better motor no one has really answered this. which has the more power, which is more reliable, which is the better motor over all.
i would like to no this for my self as i am torn between the dhz 140 (lifan) or the dhz 150 (yx)

thanks guys.

LJFBO if i was you i would go for either the 140 or the 150 dhz. great value for money, u can get the off ebay, every thing you need for a first bike plus more, and they are in your price range.

Thanks Quincy/MotoXXX
I'm not planning on getting my bike ported, i was just interested in what it was, and what was involved.
I'm looking at the 140 DHZ and the pitpro 140XR very seriously.
I'm falling more towards the dhz just because it's a fiar bit cheaper.

Latest posts

Back