yx140 issues

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyriako

Reaction score
headed out to the trails today and on the way i noticed that oil was coming out of the breather tube, the one ontop of the motor. it would only piss out when i was stoped on the spot n reving it n sliding round n **** like that. i went home and changed the oil, the oil real low but the oil didnt have nothin bad with it it was free from **** n not reall burnt.

and i deas what it could be ???
thanks

also today was a super hot day, so engine overheating and boiling the oil could of caused it too...
but yeah generally speaking failing rings which result in blow by pressurizes the engine more than the breather can handle...

how old was the oil that was in it.... be truthful here cause youd only be lie'ing to yrself
also now is the time to do your valve clearances... :)

the engine is quite new just finished running it in. today was the 1st day riding it with the high rev cdi,
the clearances are all good, we were smoking it up n the revs were quite high

just run in hey... id say you cooked the oil... they dont like high revs with no air flow for long periods of time...
hope you havent shortened the life of the engine because doing what you have done runs the chances of glazing the bore...but ill guess youll find out in time

so have you checked the valve clearances yourself to know they are all good.
did you replace the oil that came in the engine when you bought it?

yes i have replaced the oil in it when i bought it always good quality oil., it stil runs wel and fine now wen i got it home. how will i kno if i have shortend the life of my engine and what do u mean by glazing the barrel it was lik only for 10 seconds

thanks for all ur help so far

Last edited:
Yeah i had this once, i managed to cook the oil. You'll probably find you'll be alright and engine wont be affected if it was that new. mine was doing it for about 20 minutes and the engine wasnt new. Prob couple of years old. Stripped engine down later and it was fine.

Latest posts

Back