YX140 stator wiring for lighting.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creole

Reaction score
hi

after replacing a ducar 125 (5wire stator), with a YX140, the YX only has a 3 wire stator, meaning i cant get any accessories for lighting.

Is there a way to wire a 3 wire stator to run lights? I tried splicing the reg into the 2 stator wires, but as soon as you add lights, it drops current to the coil.

its bs maaaan lol.

Could i swap the ducar125 5 wire stator plate thingy with the YX 3 wire?? ..... thought not
What about the guts of the 125stator plate to run extra two wires? ..mega effort

Its basically for rec reg. Mebe it would be easier to put the original 125 motor back in to pass rec reg then put the YX back in and fk off the lighting??

Last edited:
yea the yx stator sucks get a lifan stator for it off ebay, they don't cost much

are all stators transferable between different models and engine sizes?

from what iv figured out you can interchange the stator plates and magneto but you have to remove all the electric start components and rewire. now that will get it started but you loose the ability to put a magneto cover on there securely, which is unsave and not good for the stator and magneto(water wise)

Latest posts

Back