yx140 wiring?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TyD

Reaction score
ok, need some help with the wiring of a yx140..

I have just got it in and have no spark. I have put the 2 kill switch wires together (green and black/white stripe) and put the yellow and green wires into the coil. I have also earthed the other green wire.

Also. I am using the same cable as I did on my lifan140.. Are the cables for the yx140 need to be shorter? I have shorten mine as much as a could without having to buy a new one and still the clutch won't engage.

Thanks in advance.

Ty.

Actually come to think of it , i think you have to unplug the 2 kill switch wires , and just tape the ends and make sure they dont touch anything or each other .

haha

yeh if you've joined the green and black/white wires youve got no chance of it sparking, (kill switch connects these two wires together when you want to turn the engine off)

thanks for your help then wog :flipa:

thanks Darren:thumbup:

ty you told me on msn it had an irk.

if so then completely different wiring..

also the clutch cable is the same for both engines

yellow wire to coil? that don't sound right, yellow is meant to be for power.... and yea killswitch wires should not be joined

and if you have an IRK you're not doing yourself any favours by leaving that info out

You should have got me to right it down by the sounds of it

Green & Black wire with the plugs on it go to the coil, green to earth, black to +

other two wires leave disconected but NOT touching till you get it running.

You should have got me to right it down by the sounds of it

Green & Black wire with the plugs on it go to the coil, green to earth, black to +

other two wires leave disconected but NOT touching till you get it running.

Yeah, should of.. Lol. My bad..

When you say leave the others until I get it running, what am I suppose to do with them after... ?

I got a green & yellow wire side by side w/ plugs on them.

Then I got a green & black/white wire without plugs

Then I got a green wire without a plug by itself..

Where do they go?

Do all the green wires earth?

sounds like you should have also taken me up on offer to install for ya :)

Go to your coil, green earth yellow positive
other wires are to your kill switch, leave them disconected and taped up so they don't touch till you get it started (leaving it disconected removes on more thing that may stop it from starting)

Have a test light, remember motor has been sitting idol for months, checked the plug?

sounds like you should have also taken me up on offer to install for ya :)

Go to your coil, green earth yellow positive
other wires are to your kill switch, leave them disconected and taped up so they don't touch till you get it started (leaving it disconected removes on more thing that may stop it from starting)

Have a test light, remember motor has been sitting idol for months, checked the plug?

Ok that makes it more clear thanks... I will have another go today lol...

so im guessing this is an IRK going by the colours mentioned..
Picture140-1.jpg

Ok everyone. I am glad to say after a whole 3mins today.... I HAVE SPARK!

Hope you can all sleep better now. Lol

Latest posts

Back