yx150 bogging out

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PIMP50

Reaction score
my yx150 (stock besides clutch plates and springs ) is bogging out under low revs and wont idle for shit is it just the ideling or have i got bigger problems ? cheers guys

has it been like this since you purchased it or is it a problem that has just happened ..

might pay to tell us what carb and jetting your running and what ignition

stock everything stokc carb havent taken anything apart except the top end off and all the timing is spot on done it about 3 times now

stock carb doesnt tell us what carb it is, these have been known to be shipped with different carbs..

how clean is your air cleaner?
is there fuel coming out of the overflows of the carb?

id suggest pulling the carb off and cleaning it out...might be a bit crap floating around in there.

yeh i rekon my vavle clearances are still out i dont think i am getting them right but how far out would they hav to be to make a problem 0.001 ?

what carby is on your bike? How old is the bike? if it's a 26mm fake mikuni, it may have done it's death roll. these crap carbys have a tendency to just up and die for apparently no reason, and exhibit no damage, float problems or things like that... they just "stop working".

if it's a 26mm fake mikuni, it may have done it's death roll. these crap carbys have a tendency to just up and die for apparently no reason, and exhibit no damage, float problems or things like that... they just "stop working".

sorry, but off subject question...how do you tell the difference between a genuine and a fake mikuni? so i can see if one of mine is fake or genuine.

chances are there all genuine...the bit that is fake is the size there are advertised as..

30mm is actually 25mm
26mm is 22mm or thereabouts

um my vavles are at 0.003 and 0.004 i think but like i said i dont think i hav got them done on the right spot on the cam so yeh y wouldnt the carby be ok in high revsa but not low revs then thump still jsut teh fact it could b stuffd?

is the bike hard to start?

has the carb been jetted to suit your engine?

and if your clearances have been set in the wrong spot chances are the valves aren't opening all the way.. can you hear rocker noise? you should be able to..

you need to double check your valves and if thats not fixing it you need to start looking in the carby...
check the needle postion on the carb slide and then strip it to bits and blow it out with compressed air..
a blocked idle circuit can give drama's like this..

chances are there all genuine...the bit that is fake is the size there are advertised as..

30mm is actually 25mm
26mm is 22mm or thereabouts

the one that i have is a 26mm but i dont know what it was advertised as, it was off the bike my mate gave me soo...

um my vavles are at 0.003 and 0.004 i think but like i said i dont think i hav got them done on the right spot on the cam so yeh y wouldnt the carby be ok in high revsa but not low revs then thump still jsut teh fact it could b stuffd?

hang on... you saying the carby/bike runs fine at high revs, but runs bad at low revs? if so, need to adjust your air/fuel screw, and perhaps your needle jet...

Pimp50, i have a molkt carb (on the yx150) and found the air adjustment screw move from the position that i set it at.
Tappet noise is part of the yx engine.

check your valve clearances...
if its heaps noisier than when you got it then id say you didnt set the clearance properly...
chances are the valves aren't opening all the way... that alone will make an engine run like sht.

Latest posts

Back