YX150 oil filter/s question...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mland.514

Reaction score
Where is it located on the motor? Lol I can't find it thanks

the oil filter screen is inside the r/h engine case, front bottom, right above the oil drain screw

you need to take the kick start lever off and the r/h clutch cover off to get to it
you may need a new gasket too if you damage the old one.

OR (depends on the case) you may not have one in the engine at all, sometimes they put them on the external oil line.
Does the case look like this
moteur-150cc-yx-4-soupapes-pit-bike.jpg

or this
moteur_150_yx1.jpg

yeah forgot about the late model 150's with the filter on the side.
both still have the filter screen inside the engine too

yeah forgot about the late model 150's with the filter on the side.
both still have the filter screen inside the engine too

Are you sure? (not that i want to double guess you) I know mine (YX160) does not have an internal one, i thought some of the YX150's were the same?

Yeah I'm pretty sure Timmy's right.

As soon as the put the proper oil filter on the got rid of internal screen.

Wait for My67xr to verify, but I reckon if the case looks like the bottom one, there is no internal filter (Like MM mentioned above) The only one on that style YX that i'm aware of is the external one that should be on your external oil line like this
stomp-kzr-150-127.jpg

c184_10.JPG

and what it looks llike inside
images

if thats the case pull it out and give it a good clean out with petrol (try no to get any on the rubber o-ring)

that 4 Valve YX engine at the top looks nice Timeeh,
i just missed out on getting one cheap a couple of months ago

but yeah, i dunno,
my Lifan 150, YX160, and the Z155HO all still have the internal Filter too,
even though they have the other filters as well.

Z155HO

YX160

Lifan 150

Last edited:
Hmmm, iv'e never looked in there before LOL got an oil change to do this weekend so if i get time i'll pull the side off and have a squiz. Bugger i though i might of finally got one up one you LOL.

i wouldn't think they they'd delete the bottom of the case filter screen in any of them ?
mainly due to it being the oil feed/pickup point for the oil pump in all the pit bike engines.
but i could be wrong too...

Yes yx 150's have that internal screen inside the case near the sump plug. They also have either an external or internal filter/ screen thats separate. So both Craig and Tim are correct. On my yx 150- ish my external filter is now the 160ho screen type, cause it's washable and reuse able.

Latest posts

Back