yx160 Case Differences.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sly1300

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just thought since ive just busted my cases and before i bolt it all back together,
id chuck up a pic of the new/strengthened cases to suit the yx160. excuse the lame mspaint skillz.

Just for those that havent done a case swap, (and i dont wish it on anyone, its a c**t of a job!)

this pic shows the old vs the new. can see how theyve been beefed up a bit so hopefully no more broken cases.

http://www.miniriders.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=3055&stc=1&d=1252217178

also is there a online "manual" or has anyone got a hard copy they wanna scan to suit this engine. cant find one ANYWHERE.
be nice to double check that ive got the gearbox back together correctly. :p

Last edited:
Thanks for puttin' the pics up for others to see ... Do follow up posts on how the new fix works out ...

fix works well

but you cant get the bearings in aus unless you get em from the chinamens

hope they dont fail

yeh u can coz i jsut got new case and i think my bearings is from CBC a place in SA its a needle roller bearing much beta then the stock one

hmm

i work for the inenco group that own cbc i haven't been able to get hold of it yet

hmmm have to hold the tongue the other way

ok well im not sure but hopefully i get my bearing 2nite and i can giv u part numbers if that will help you at all

na got part numbers there just an odd size but let me know what brand and actually part no may be different to what i have

yeah i tried to find a bearing locally. no dice. :(

have to use the needle roller bearing that came with it.
it should hold up, plus its gotta be better than the shitty old one.

also, note to others, new case did need a little sanding so the bearings would sit in. they were waaaaay too tight. couldnt even knock them in at first.

should take some pics and do a tutorial on how to strip your motor down and how it (hopefully!) goes back together... having clutch issues now. so many bloody shims and washers, cant remember which goes where...

is there a parts diagram/exploded view for this engine ANYWHERE? i cant find anything, im just using my Cleymer Honda manual ( amazing how much of this chinese junk is a direct copy of honda/kawasaki) and kinda guessing my way to how stuff goes back together

if not a manual, has anyone got any links to how the clutch goes back together? im used to my xr/crf style centrifugal semi autos...

Latest posts

Back