yz140 heating up

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmmyc

Reaction score
Hey guys

My engine heats up after 15 to 20 minutes of riding, I am not going all hard out just cruising through dirt tracks. It says it is oil cooled ? Is it air or oil cooled because a mate says how can an engine be oil cooled. It usually starts to smoke towards the front of the engine. I haven't changed the oil yet that came with the bike could this be it ?

Hey guys

My engine heats up after 15 to 20 minutes of riding, I am not going all hard out just cruising through dirt tracks. It says it is oil cooled ? Is it air or oil cooled because a mate says how can an engine be oil cooled. It usually starts to smoke towards the front of the engine. I haven't changed the oil yet that came with the bike could this be it ?

Using a crappy oil could cause this. I would reccommend changing it.

Your motor is both air and oil cooled. Air from the fins on the barrell and head and oil cooled through the oil cooler at the front.

Yeah there should be a big cooler line coming from the front of the motor, if not, you're in trouble lol...

Google YX140 and you will see what I am talking about..

okay, thanks will give the valve clearance a shot :S is the feelers necessary i dont think i have it

you can cut a strip out of a coke can... they are .003 thou thick.. 3 on both is better than none..

ive seen feelers at sca for $2...cheaper than a can of coke you will get lots of use outta them.

alright sweet. how easy is this task ? i am fairly new to bikes etc

Latest posts

Back